The Ghosts of Golgotha (New Nurgle Force)

Post pics of your army to be abused...I mean USED in upcoming strips

Moderator: Selezen

The Ghosts of Golgotha (New Nurgle Force)

Postby Supersonik » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:14 am

Yes to be blunt, in case you couldnt tell from the title im basing a Nurgle-esque army on the Golgothan *poo* demon from Dogma :). After all why does disease always have to be a sickly green colour?
(Mostly cos it means i can paint crap and get away with it ;))
I will write fluff for them and am thinking basics that they were a yellow armour wearing legion (hence the decayed brown) though for some odd reason like to keep trophies (ie Bones) very clean and highly polished. Hence no Inks or decaying on the bone sections. I did have a list for them though how valid that remains with the new book remains to be seen.

So far ive only got a Sorceror, A Squad of Marines (though ive made 2 Champs as a tester) and a Rhino.
I did try to scratch build a Lord but with the new kit coming soon i think ill wait.
Im aware they look pretty rough and shoddy but theyre not meant to look pristine and they are incredibly quick to paint though its obvious the technique doesnt apply to lrage flat surfaces like tanks.

First up the Two champs. The first with a power fist, the second with a Plague Sword.
Last edited by Supersonik on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Supersonik » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:15 am

also apologies on the pic quality. Ill try taking them again during the day see if the better light picks up any of the metal edges. (All f the trim/weapons etc are metals they just been...dulled.

Next up, The Plasmagunner. (I love that helmet btw) and the orignal Paint tester.
I was going to use this guy in the army however imperial armour doesnt fit in with Chaos Armour enough.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Supersonik » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:15 am

And finally a pic of their Ride.
I used a fair few of the Chaos sprue upgrades and green stuff on this thing to try and remove some of the Flat surfaces so the Inks would take around them.
ie the Necronomicon on the side ;)
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:23 am

It looks very nice....the eyes should be painted though. I suggest green. I like the Rhino, cool painting on that. Maybe it's the angle, but the 2nd Aspiring Champion's sword doesn't say, "Plague" to me. You could model greenstuff tendrils creeping out of his gauntlets and running up the weapon, with little "veins" coming out the side, then paint them a slimy red with hints of yellow. The sword should look rusty and chipped, as well. Just a suggestion, good looking stuff so far. Can we see the sorcerer? Good Job!
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby bungeeboy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:28 am

i really like the tank, but maybe thin down your paints before doing infantry, it looks quite messy (if thats what you were after, good job :) )

but i love the tank :)
bungeeboy
Best Fan

Postby Supersonik » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:38 am

The plaguesword does have some work done on it it just seems that if you focus on the model itself the sword is at an odd angle and just goes black.
Agreed though it could use more work.
The eyes are also still on the to-do list but i want them to glow so i waited till after the inks had stopped flowing to do them.

Im surprised so many prefer the tank to the Infantry as im the other way round but what do i know lol.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Supersonik » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:18 pm

As requested heres the Sorceror (He wasnt even painted when it was requested so ive kinda rushed but it shows how quick this scheme can be done.

Ok well heres the Sorceror, A pic of the Champs together then both of them with the Sorceror.

Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby bungeeboy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:28 pm

wow, i love the sorceror aswell as the rhino!

i like the dragons on his powerpack,

adds a new sense to nurgle :)

p.s.: when applying the white to the skulls, work from snakebite leather, to bleached bone, to skull white highlights, and do it in thin layers, make's one hell of a difference :)
bungeeboy
Best Fan

Postby Supersonik » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Well its taken a while (since ive had no money) but finally got something new, and its Uber-new. The New Lord and Terminators.

Managed to come up with a Lord, a Sorceror with the spares and a couple of termies (2 more still to paint)

Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Supersonik » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:04 pm

Any tips on the Stone for the Lords Base. Thats really annoying me. Currently its just Dheneb Stone.

Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Supersonik » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:44 pm

One of my self converted Oblits.
I splurged a little on fancy parts since i made him at GamesDay at the conversion table. Gotta love taking the choice pieces from the best sprues just for one model ;)

Obviously not painted yet but il update when he is.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Supersonik » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:18 pm

And heres a pic of my Champion from the sole Bezerker unit im using and the newest member of the squad (i call him pinchy).
And theCustom Build Obliterator i made at th GD conversion contest (Would have cost me £50 otherwise lol) now painted.

Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby NickVinson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:57 am

dude.

that conversion is super sweet.

-N
NickVinson
Bestest Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:00 am

I think that although your color scheme and painting are excellent, your infantry need more color to them. Something needs to break up all that brown or all your men will just mush together on the table top. If you look at mono-colored schemes like the Black Legion, the Black Templars, or the Dark Eldar, you still find bursts of trim or contrasting colors that bring the scheme together.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby gwpainter » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:32 am

A suggestion that was passed on to me, I will suggest to you. Invest in a can of Dullcote, made by testers. I personally like the gloss over plague marines but I was told it was too much. so i dull coted and than on parts of the armor i used gloss to make them look slimey. I kept the gloss off of the trimmed parts of the armor and looks good. :)
The defination of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
gwpainter
Ultra Fan

Next

Return to Army Index