Black Foundation (marines)

Post pics of your army to be abused...I mean USED in upcoming strips

Moderator: Selezen

Black Foundation (marines)

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:50 pm

The Black Foundation are a wandering space based chapter founded using ultramarines gene seed. originally a strictly codex chapter their relative isolation and utter reliance on the mechanisms of their chapter's battle barges and support fleet have lead the Black Foundation to have an ever stronger alliance with the Adeptus Mechanicus, and an interest in the recovery of arcane technologies.
The chapter's armor is principally black with trim assigned by squad.

in game terms the Black Foundation are a noticeably divergent chapter with the "heed the wisdom of the ancients", "Scions of mars", and "Eye to Eye" traits. A force always includes two or more dreadnoughts, with at least one being venerable, forces are usually lead by an HQ techmarine in full servo-harness, and a librarian with a command squad. there are frequently a lot of tactical squads, with very few if any terminators or assault squads used. A very shooty group.

notable characters:
Crushed the Dreadnought
Destroyed in every battle he's ever participated in crushed is usually up front with an assault cannon and a flamer. used to have a lovely plasma cannon, it was lost in the warp and never seen again about the time the fourth edition codex came out. Chapter techmarines have been trying unsuccessfully to remove crushed from the dreadnought's sarcophagus for years now, but have had no luck in finding any way of breaking open or removing crushed. Crushed's model also has the dubious distinction of having been broken an unusual number of times during travel.

Reaper the Dreadnought
Youngest of the chapter's dreadnoughts Reaper makes up for his inexperience with an uncanny knack for destroying vehicles. his kill count to date five predators and three rhinos killed with the assault cannon, two Land Raiders a Russ, five chimeras, two devil fish, one hammer head, and one falcon one wave serpent and a number of ork truks with his las cannon and missile launcher.

Sargent Borg
a veteran Sargent with one eye and bionics. notable for having survived four rounds of close combat against a black Templar command squad without having any troops, or even a power weapon. he doesn't cause many wounds but man is he hard to hurt.

Librarian Ridl & Jacklyn the research assistant
one is a sword wielding bolt pistol shooting psycher and poet, the other is a girl with scrolls and a pen who just wishes people would stop calling her a familiar. Together they are at the forefront of many battles with Ridl channeling warp power and Jacklyn scrambling to look up the appropriate incantation to banish an opponent, or taking dictation of Ridl's latest poem

Brother Sargent T
an enormous marine of indominable spirit and equal strength. T is equipped with two lightning claws and has been known to throw people far. T is leads the command squad attached to Librarian Ridl

These guys were my first 40K army and as such have a lot of sort of silly things going on
Anonymous

Postby Brother Bryan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:15 am

Cool. Hay could you check out dante's rejects (I need a new respounse to it)
Alright we might be rejects but even we have more wins then the ultramarines

--Commander Jeff of the Dante's Rejects
Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Que Dan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:16 am

Hehehe... Brother Sargent T...

"I pity da heretic!"
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:46 pm

he pities the fool, and crushes the heretic!
Anonymous

Postby Ghost Fist » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:41 am

Nice army. Is that really how many tanks that dread has destroyed? If so, that's insane!
I like the colour scheme, I like people who don't choose Ultras.
Well Done
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Return to Army Index