[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Golden Daemon Preperation (Latest Update: Tau)

Golden Daemon Preperation (Latest Update: Tau)

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Golden Daemon Preperation (Latest Update: Tau)

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:57 pm

Well as some of the older members know I'm a pretty skilled painter and made first cut at the Chicago Golden Daemon last year with some orks. This year I am aiming at placing at least bronze in the sqaud category and I decided its time to start conditioning for the next competition.

My plan is to paint at least three models a month to the highest ability I can using at least 3-4 shading layers for each color. I'll post pictures of each model after I compete it and you guys can give me suggestion on what I could do better. I am going to paint a wide range of models to give me experience in painting, armour, cloth, leather, skin, ect.

If anyone else wants to join in they can use this thread too. My first model should be up by Sunday.(I picked up some Skaven just for fun).

-TF
Last edited by Tyranid Fodder on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby AJ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:42 pm

AJ
Bestest Fan

Re: Golden Daemon Preperation

Postby cog[nitive] » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:42 pm

I know nothing, I know nothing....
cog[nitive]
Stealth Moderator

Postby Ghost Fist » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:26 am

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:08 am

Rumour? Pfft. I know people who actually believe that. Something about Khorne. Then I gently remind them

"He's not real... games workshop made him up..."

:roll:

GL, I think the person I gave my Dioramma wants me to enter it this year. I won't even make the first cut :P
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Confused » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 pm

Sounds cool!

I got to the finals of the large scale model with my inquistor scale grey knight a couple of years ago and I'm sure my painting has improved since!

I'm going for Duel and 40k single mini (not decided what yet)

Fingers crossed I'll be posting here soon to!

PS. Everyone knows Khorne is real
Confused
Best Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:02 pm

Here is a Skaven Gutter Runner. Not really much to work with. Since the main color it black, nothing really stands out. Definatley not a good choice for catching a judge's eye.

This is my first Skaven by the way so I'm still trying to figure out what I want them too look like. But it still came out pretty good, not my best but still good.

http://i18.tinypic.com/3zjjotl.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/2i0vnkg.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/4010pr5.jpg

Next I'm thinking a fire warrior that will have very bright armor to get some more highlighting in that this skaven didn't allow me to do.

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:06 pm

ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby sparx » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:33 pm

i think for golden demon you have to have folcked bases, so just take that into consideration
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, biological gruel
http://www.darkthrone.com/recruit.dt?ui ... 0328X30277 bet that you won't click here
sparx
Ultra Fan

Postby ubercaboose » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:47 pm

damn! I hate people that cave really good paint skills!

not that I hate you :/

I do fancy the shadeing on the muscles to the arm

and the highlighting on the cloths
(gonna have to remember that when I do my 'Cron lords tatterd capes)
“Speak softly and carry a big stick - you will go far.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I cant spell, I know................
ubercaboose
Ultra Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:39 pm

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby sparx » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:16 am

well you shouldn't be, you are pretty darn good, that is the best paint job i have seen, although i still like my tyrant
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, biological gruel
http://www.darkthrone.com/recruit.dt?ui ... 0328X30277 bet that you won't click here
sparx
Ultra Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:06 pm

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby AJ » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:51 pm

Two words: mould lines. Apart from that not bad. Its a shame but the graininess of the photos makes it a bit harder to judge.
AJ
Bestest Fan

Next

Return to 40K Gaming