[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Golden Daemon Preperation (Latest Update: Tau)

Golden Daemon Preperation (Latest Update: Tau)

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:38 pm

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby ubercaboose » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:03 pm

“Speak softly and carry a big stick - you will go far.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I cant spell, I know................
ubercaboose
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:53 pm

ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:55 pm

Yeah, I don't see any mould lines either...
but nice job on the Skaven and the Tau.
Maybe as ArchDukeofMacragge said, do layers of highlighting and shading. I realize this is a warmup (albeit, a good one) but you would want to keep that in mind.
Well Done.
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:07 pm

How's this look? There's more shading on the armor.

http://i12.tinypic.com/316p2wy.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/2w6rvvb.jpg

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby ubercaboose » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:58 pm

thats darned good, but, if you wont my personal opinion, I think that the thickness of all of the highlights is a bit TOO thick

just personal perference
“Speak softly and carry a big stick - you will go far.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I cant spell, I know................
ubercaboose
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:48 pm

Oooh...very nice....nicer than before. (and that was good too!)

Nice blending on the shades,
Well Done
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:46 pm

did you use dark green ink for the shading?
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:03 pm

The shading is fine, but I really mean the light green on the edges of the armor could probably be done in two shades. Its excellent work, though.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:54 pm

sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:22 pm

Wait for the first color to dry before you add the second? If thats wrong, please use clearer language- blend and mix mean the same thing.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Deus Est » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Blend is like red going to yellow through stages of orange, mixing is putting red and yellow together to make orange
Deus Est
Ultra Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:33 pm

To answer Stickly_like_Cheese:

No ink was used at all. I HATE ink. I don't use it at all everthing was free handed. Secondly ink is just watered down paint. Just add some water to paint on a mixing tray and you have ink. DO NOT BUY INK.

If you paints mix or blend together you are using way to much. All of my figures are painted in one sitting, pretty much my paint dries instantly. So I don't have to worry about the painting mixing together if I don't want them to. If I do want them to mix I mix them myself on a paint tray and layer them myself on the miniature.

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Previous

Return to 40K Gaming