[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Which should I get?

Which should I get?

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Which should I get?

Land raider crusader
56%
2 more land speeders
No votes
Baal Class pred
11%
Terminators (Assualt)
33%

Total votes : 9

Which should I get?

Postby Brother Bryan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:42 am

I can aford any of the fallowing but could you give me a pro and con to the choice you selected?
Alright we might be rejects but even we have more wins then the ultramarines

--Commander Jeff of the Dante's Rejects
Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Aelix Eisenhorn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:06 am

I think it should come down to either points for your army (if your making one) or which model you think looks the coolest.

Since I know nothing about the points (I just buy 'em cuz they look cool) I would say go with the termies. But possibly Dufflious could tell you about the diff points of those models.
When in Deadly Danger
When beset by Doubt
Run in Little Circles
Wave your arms and Shout
--------------------------------------------------------
best.litany.ever (even if it aint official)
Aelix Eisenhorn
Ultra Fan

Location: I could be anywhere, but if I could be anywhere I wanted I would be asleep

Postby Ghost Fist » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 pm

I would have to say the Land Raider Crusader, because besides the fact that it looks awesome, it really puts the fear of the Emperor into your enemies. Only warning, those hurricane bolter are a bugger to make. After that, maybe a Typhoon Land Speeder, a Tornado, and a normal for that 200 point combo I so dearly love.

It's still your choice, just a few pointers.

Hope to see whatever you buy up here soon.
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Epistolary_Zadkiel » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:35 pm

I would go with the Baal if you are a Sanguine chapter, because its almost as shooty as a Cru, but about 1/2 the points. The Crusader is a dedicated "Charge the enemy and stomp them into the dirt" vehicle. All its weapons are middle range or lower (e.g Bolter ranged), and specifically designed to eat up infantry. Its a great fear weapon (heck, my second game vs a Dark Templar army the guy fielded two stock land raiders and a Crusader, just to put the fear in me., but the Crusader was hardly used.)

If you are looking for a high points cost, but terribly effective close combat squad, get the termies. Very few other squads, even elites, can hold their own against a 8 man Terminator Command Squad teleporting right on top of them and blasting them with heavy flamers, assault cannons, or stormbolter/missile combos.

A Land Speeder is a good choice if you are looking for a mobile gunship. I perfer Tornadoes to any other, because they are very module, and can form fast moving tank hunting squads, or fast moving gun squads that will chew up enemies with a hail of fire (read, 12 rending, 9 "stock" shots). The Typhoon is uninspired, and doesn't have overly effective weaponry.

Here's the Synoposis as I see it:

Crusader: Good for getting into troops and tearing them a new one, but is a prime target for massed AT

Baal: Good bang for your buck overall

Termies: High cost (monetary and points), but lethal.

Land Speeder Typhoon: Suck and Fail. Might as well get more tactical marines with special weapons.

Land Speeder Tornado Squad: Lethal when using similar firepower, or one "odd man out" to give flexibility (lets face it, 3 Multimeltas and 3 Heavy Flamers on a vehicle that ignores difficult terrain and can BOOK across the map is good stuff.) although three Tornadoes is gonna run you about 100 dollars US.
Epistolary_Zadkiel
Ultra Fan

Postby Hunter » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:09 pm

Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:15 am

Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:06 pm

i say land raider crusaders because they look good...
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby Dufflious » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Quiet, the all of you.

Ah, Dearest Brother Bryan, Son of Blood and Graced of Sanguinus, has that time come again?

*Smiles fraternally*

Very well. Allow me to cast my expert eye on things. The Baal is a noble class of tank, but it is suited only for dragging down horde armies. Orks, Nids, Eldar, D.Eldar, anything with a crappy Armour Save. Remember you're emptying a maximum of 10 shots into the enemy. With some blessed rolling, that's a squad down in one turn. And the armour means you can shove it in a target rich enviroment without much fear.

The Crusader is great. So long as you have a 1k Command Squad in there. beyond that, expensive block of plastic which does sweet Feth all.

Land Speeders are -fun.- Absolute pains in the arse to glue together. And with the new Dark Angels speeders out it is possible to make a nice Blood Angel one with the parts in there (And there's alot of them.) So long as you stick to it, you can get your Speeders behind their armour turn 2, and shread it. Moving 24" giving you all those lovely bonus saves and to hits, and if nothing else, they're handy weapons platforms. Might be worth giving them Machine Spirit, to handle moving whilst shooting if you're going for that.

Termies is my current project, and they are immune to the effects of the Red Thirst, because they can move and shoot if needed. I generally like to cram my Termies in a Land Raider to assure their saftey, and if you like, you can twist the rules enough, you can have them red thirst after they've deepstriked. The new models are an absolute dream to assemble and paint, and I reccomend forking out the £5-£6 for Forgeworld chapter pads. I bought some at Gamesday 06 and they are well worth the money. The detail is beautiful, really makes it sink into your army gracefully.

Me? I'd go Baal, Termies, Speeders, Crusader, in that order.

Again, depends what you want you army to do.

Hope this has helped, Son of Sanguinus.

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Brother Bryan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:25 am

Ah yes my freind Duffious It is always good to see you. Well
It is decided! I bought one land speeder on ebay and with my income I will be able to buy another or save up for a raider
XD

Since Duffious is trust worthy I should go with him.
:wink: Hmmmmm assualt cannons of death!

Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Return to 40K Gaming