[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Wallet Apocalypse

Wallet Apocalypse

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Wallet Apocalypse

Postby ragingpotato » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:59 pm

So I just received the latest issue of White Dwarf (for august presumably) and it showed some of the prices for the Apocalypse sets (Baneblade, Battle Company, etc.) and they are fantastically expensive.
So is anyone actually planning to get the apocalypse stuff? ($50 for rulebook)

On a side note, why is there a set of four chapter masters instead of just one? Why would you need four?
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:47 pm

I haven't seen them yet, and as much as I would love a Baneblade....All my money is going to go towards X-BOX 360 games. To add to that, none of my 5 armies have ANY space left in their cases. Plus, 10,000 points is good enough for me....
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Zeke » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:00 pm

yea the apoclyspe games look really cool, but seriously, who need 10 leman russes? i mean thats a little excessive. to be honest, i think that the apoclyspe game is gonna bomb only because its gonna be very expensive and people arent made of money. but i have to admit, the Baneblade looks friggin sweet.
"We strike with the wrath of the rightous!"

Zeke
Ultra Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:41 am

Alright we might be rejects but even we have more wins then the ultramarines

--Commander Jeff of the Dante's Rejects
Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Father Joe » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Can't wait to see an all Infantry Imp Guard army for this.
*rubs hands*
Let the bodies hit the ceiling.
Star Wars Stormtroopers proxy Imperial Guard.
Need I say why?
Father Joe
Bestest Fan

Postby Marneus90 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:40 pm

did it have any prices for the units, like the baneblade?
http://www.hughesd.co.uk/forum GO HERE AND USE IT!
Marneus90
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:48 pm

Baneblade- $95
SM Battle Company (106+9 tanks)- $450
Emperor's fist tank company(10 leman russes)- $275
There are also lots more large groupings of tau battlesuits, ork dreadnaughts, eldar tanks, etc mostly from $90-$175
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Hunter » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:57 am

sorry havent posted in a while

am bouth entousiastic and a bit nervous (for games work shop)

allready i have a 3000 point ultramarine army and a 1200 point deamonhunter army.

am drooling just thinking about what is going to be in that book, hope they have full rules for all forgeworld gear.

next up ther are some new apocalyps kit that am thinking of , namly that armord fist combo(1 chimera+infantry squad) and that ultra pattern landrader (2 lazcannons/3 twinlink las cannons)

what am woried about is that GW wont be selling that many apocalyp kits leaving em with overstock they cant sell.
Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby Knight of Fire » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:15 am

So far I got the 100 doller Special edition pack on pre-order Which comes with : The Troopers backpack, the Rulebook, the Apocolypse set of Templates (18" Flammer template you say? why thank you very much, I will now be using that from now on) and the Apocolypse Big Gunz Dice. (plus whatever other goodies they have in t aht)
Murphy's Combat Laws # 77- Air strikes always overshoot the target, artillery always falls short. 116. Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.
117. Your mortar barrage will put exactly one round on the intended target. That round will be a dud.
Knight of Fire
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:19 pm

I'm a Marines player and even THIS sickens me;

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... &orignav=9

IMagine when an Iron Warrior gets his mits on one, eh!? 15 LAS CANNON SHOTS!

AAAAAH.

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Deus Est » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:14 am

They aren't chapter masters, they're masters of the chapter, so distinguished captains.

Edit: They are chapter masters.

Hmm...
Deus Est
Ultra Fan

Postby Chapter Master Pavlov » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:20 am

No, methinks they are Masters of the Chapter... i saw thier Data sheet and it said master of the fleet, etc.
"Fiddley Sticks!!!!"
Chapter Master Pavlov
"They think my power armor's Sexy!"
Pavlov, Karaoke night
Chapter Master Pavlov
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:47 pm

Sorry, are you seeing what i'm seeing? Land Raider Terminus?

:shock:

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Scoutninja » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:28 pm

"We are the Ninjas."

"The Ninjas rule the jungle."
Scoutninja
Ultra Fan

Location: The backwater pit that is North Carolina, oh, and there aren't any GW stores either.

Postby Deus Est » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:53 am

Deus Est
Ultra Fan

Next

Return to 40K Gaming