Wallet Apocalypse

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Postby gwpainter » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:34 pm

I have been playing huge 3000 pt battles before GW put their stuff out. And when we do play this titantic battles it takes 2 days with a lot of breaks to run to the burger joint or whatever. I think it is a ploy From GW to get into your wallets More .

Why do they think everyone wants to play a game that last longer than 6 hours?
Are they tring to compete with Monopoly? At least that game only costs no more than 15 bucks for the 6 hour games that we played. Oh, those days with Monopoly marathons...

And to top that, people will be fielding a lot of gray armies.

In my opinion, It will bomb.

Don't get my wrong, I love to play the game.......but GW has it's hearts in the wrong place.
The defination of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
gwpainter
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:29 pm

I think that its a way for the pwople who have been collecting since 1983 and have TONS of stuff to play with. Seeing as you can just combine existing armies together without new stuff (like my Templars and my Guard) and play that way, it does not need to be that expensive.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:54 am

^ Just you wait. I'll give it, ooh, two months absolute maximum before GW is full of rich kids with 10000 point armies or something that have only just been undercoated, and badly, wanting a ten hour game at a three hour gaming night...

Mind, I might get some of the models just because they're nice. Really nice. You can use a fair few of them anyway... and add in the vehicle design rules, if you have a legitimate copy, and you could use the more powerful vehicles.
Wargaming should never be combined with your love life or a pot of honey.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby gwpainter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:52 am

I agree, It does not need to be expensive. Tell that to GW. New $50 rulebook addon..More templates...dice...Battle companies (450 bucks).

I have 3 armies...none of which like each other :lol: ....Eldar...Black Templar...Chaos.
I guess i can play as some xenos loving traitor :roll:

Oh well, Thanks for letting me rant people.
The defination of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
gwpainter
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:31 pm

The one thing I might actually get from the apocalypse releases is a commisar, because they look really cool and they are only $10(still expensive, but cheap by GW standards)
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:35 pm

Dude. The new commissars kick ass. I'm buying all three new ones.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Que Dan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:54 pm

I just thinkt that those Masters of the Univer... er, Chapter, are the captains of the 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 10th company.

That guy with the sword & helmet, is that Ardias?
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:27 pm

No, the Masters of the Chapter are a new unit, like a cross between a veterans squad and a captain. They are not specific to any chapter.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Hunter » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:05 am

after learning more about apocalipes i have come to this conclusion.

Apocalipes is good for large social games , the kibd that may take a minimum of 6 houers to play,

on the otherhand it's no good for the usual game store matches , to much time , space and clean up .

Rules for all the great stuff you allways wanted to play but dident have the proper rules for , like superheavy tanks and TITANS.

again apocalipes is best suted for over the top matches with frends , not games store matches ruled over by rule nazies.

am glad ther coming out wirh some new modles , willing to bet the nainblade will sell but the mega kits arnt likely to sell well , unlikely nobody is going to be interested in tripeling the size of ther army in one expencive purchase .

apocalipes may break GW.
Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby Supersonik » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:06 pm

The Masterso f the Chapter are basically the next step down from a Chapter Master. Effectively they are like Company Captains and i know one of them is the Captain of the 10th since he is the Master of Recruits or something which gives him command over the scout company.
One is Master of the Armoury and he has command over the Vehicles and weaponry of the Chapter.
The Master of the Fleet is responsible for the Battlebarges etc...

Cant think of the 4th but they all answer to THE Chapter Master.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Que Dan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:24 am

So, they're like the second, third, fourth and fifth in command?

Now the question: who is who? We've got a Master of the Arsenal, Master of the Fleet, Master of Recruits and Master of the Watch. I think that the guy with the Bolter and Power Sword is the Master of Recruits.
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:13 am

The guy with the Mark III plate is the Master of the Armoury, I know that much.

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby 666thHeretic » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:40 pm

Either way, the Masters of the Chapter would dominate in infantry battles. Apparently they're like 1500 points for a squad of four. Get eight and you have an entire Apocalypse army for around $100 Canadian, assuming you buy some new paint and already have access to a rulebook and any new templates.
Cleanse. Purge. Kill. -Space Marines
Kill! Maim! Burn! -Kharn the Betrayer

So alike, yet so different.
666thHeretic
Best Fan

Postby Dufflious » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:45 am

They use the rules of Marine Commanders. Doesn't say if Captains or Masters, or wargear, really.

Presumably you just make that bit up.

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby MarineWithAMullet » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:37 pm

The masters of the chapter are the "advisers" to the leader of the chapter eg Calgar. These one for the fleet (ships), one for Arsenal (guns) one for Recruits (scouts) and one for Watch (is this like the gaurds of the fortress?)

£20.00 for 4 models though :shock: but very nice weps
MarineWithAMullet
Best Fan

PreviousNext

Return to 40K Gaming