New Army Gamers

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

New Army Gamers

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:59 am

I've noticed that whenever a new army box is released, there's always two or three people who go out and field identical army-box-based lists for the new codex. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Does anyone else get bothered by it?
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Have you considered that they have simply bought the box and are fielding all they can? Or, they see the box as having shiny things that they can now use, and want to see how they work as a mix. GW don't release the boxes for feth and giggles, they're either doing it because it's a) cheap or b) beardy.

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Well, Duff, that's exactly my point. Maybe there isn't a better way to do it, but having a bunch of people fielding the only things they can field because they bought the army box is annoying.

Ah well. Eventually they all develope proper armies, so it's all okay in the end.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Well you can't really complain, my friend. If people are going to start a game they're going to go for the cheapest option. (Laughable in this day and age, I remember when a 10 man squad of marines was £5... Good times.) Just be happy enough for the new blood and roll with it. Play them and note what they do well, or at least attempt to do and then recommend extensions or corrections to that list.

Hahah, me, a good natured helpful person? I never thought I'd see the day. Even still, I'm thinking on starting a GK army, or at least adding a squad of GK to my marines... mm, fluff.

Burn the demon!

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby IRBABOON » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:25 am

I've been outta the scene for a while, whats new in the world of warhammer?

Also, can I still sell me BT space marines, or are they seriously out dated now?
IRBABOON
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:25 am

Black Templar? They've only recently been done. So unless you have money coming out of all your nasty parts then I'd hold onto them. Nothing is really new in 40k, other than Orks. But they're not worth mentioning.

There, now you know.

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Que Dan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:28 am

Dufflious wrote:Have you considered that they have simply bought the box and are fielding all they can? Or, they see the box as having shiny things that they can now use, and want to see how they work as a mix. GW don't release the boxes for feth and giggles, they're either doing it because it's a) cheap or b) beardy.

-D

This.

Also, I've done this thing. Twice. In the same army. 3rd and 4th edition army box of Nids.
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:14 pm

*sigh* yes, I know, I know.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Also the new armies tend to get advertised more, which makes more people consider them because GW always make new armies out to be great.
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Return to 40K Gaming