Need help from all tau players

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Need help from all tau players

Postby Knight of Fire » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:43 pm

after much debate, going back and forth. I've decided to temporarily shelve my Ultramarines untill I can get around to doing some major repairs and replacing of lost models and parts. Not to mention I've had the Tau sitting around for over 2 years now unbuilt. So after fighting against it, thanks to some suggestions. I've finally started working on my Tau army (Ironic that I'm now FIGHTING against my own Marines)

So anyways, just looking for advice and such.

Heres what I know so far.

Vehicle upgrades, such as the Decoy pods and Flechette launchers can definetly save a vehicle. The decoy is useful for trying to make an opponet risk a target Priority test to worry about bigger units (such as Broadside teams, or ignoring a devil fish with Pathfinders for the hammerhead tucked in the back). and Flechettes can cause second thoughts for melta bomb wielding Assault Marines or the relatively unarmored Tankbustas about trying to deal with it up close and personal.

Crisis and Stealth suits are good options. Stealth teams can distract an opponet, who rather not mess with a barrage of burst cannon fire heading their way. a few Fusion blasters, and all of the sudden the fear sets in, as a group of anti-troop/tank high mobility units close in with little firepower heading their way. Further more. by keeping them in reserve, you can suprise your opponet, by dropping in a large force of Crisis and Stealth teams. End result? Mass havoc. It's either rush into rapid fire range of Pulse Rifles, or deal with a unit of extremely durable, high mobility firepower

Sniper teams seem useful, but entail the huge risk of losing 80 points by a lucky shot to the drone controller of the team. Stealth field or not, Ordnance that gets blown off it's original target, and scatters on top of of the team is probably going to result in one very dead drone controller, and 3 sniper drones dropping to the ground.
Murphy's Combat Laws # 77- Air strikes always overshoot the target, artillery always falls short. 116. Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.
117. Your mortar barrage will put exactly one round on the intended target. That round will be a dud.
Knight of Fire
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Oh, hey KoF. Where you been?

Sucks about the Tau. Fun to paint, though awkward to glue.

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Knight of Fire » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Take your pick Duff, College, job searching, paintball, getting drivers license and money for insurance, MMORPGS, PS3, and now, Anime conventions!

anyways, I'm back
Murphy's Combat Laws # 77- Air strikes always overshoot the target, artillery always falls short. 116. Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.
117. Your mortar barrage will put exactly one round on the intended target. That round will be a dud.
Knight of Fire
Ultra Fan

Return to 40K Gaming