Hey any info from any one?
Alright we might be rejects but even we have more wins then the ultramarines

--Commander Jeff of the Dante's Rejects
Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Supersonik » Tue May 13, 2008 8:29 pm

40k wise, yeah.

Dont let them EVER get into combat.
I know it may seem simple enough but you may think 'ah that squad has been reduced to 3 models, that shouldnt be much of a threat, ill start working on the next target etc' then think again.

Deal with anything that can shoot or move really fast then outmaneuver as much as you can.
2 Bloodletters and 3 Daemonnettes (what was left out of their squads) charged my Grey Hunters and Minced an entire squad of 10 without breaking a sweat.

In theory it should be easy to beat them if you have a mobile army. Tau for example should rarely have too much trouble if you can simply outrange them or obliterate everything that comes near. If they do get into combat then its Firebreak time. Accept that you've lost the unit and pull back any units that arent in combat so they cant consolidate into you and much your entire army.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Mon May 19, 2008 8:58 am

Supersonik wrote:40k wise, yeah.

Dont let them EVER get into combat.
I know it may seem simple enough but you may think 'ah that squad has been reduced to 3 models, that shouldnt be much of a threat, ill start working on the next target etc' then think again.

Deal with anything that can shoot or move really fast then outmaneuver as much as you can.
2 Bloodletters and 3 Daemonnettes (what was left out of their squads) charged my Grey Hunters and Minced an entire squad of 10 without breaking a sweat.

In theory it should be easy to beat them if you have a mobile army. Tau for example should rarely have too much trouble if you can simply outrange them or obliterate everything that comes near. If they do get into combat then its Firebreak time. Accept that you've lost the unit and pull back any units that arent in combat so they cant consolidate into you and much your entire army.

I have to say I feel as if either games workshop or the emperor has abandon us.

Any ways its not like I expected it any other way but daemons do have allot of bull shit going for them namely the fact if I remember correctly when they deep strike they may move and charge.

Plus Grey knights actually make them stronger. I mean daemonetts and such coming back after death.

But heres my greatest outrage. The damn army cost 22 bucks for a squad. Dear lord!

Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Language, Brian.
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Brother Bryan » Mon May 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Dufflious wrote:Language, Brian.

:cry: You spelt my name wrong.

Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Mon May 19, 2008 2:12 pm

You're not the messiah, you're a very naughty boy.
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Supersonik » Mon May 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Brother Bryan wrote:I have to say I feel as if either games workshop or the emperor has abandon us.

Any ways its not like I expected it any other way but daemons do have allot of bull shit going for them namely the fact if I remember correctly when they deep strike they may move and charge.

Plus Grey knights actually make them stronger. I mean daemonetts and such coming back after death.

But heres my greatest outrage. The damn army cost 22 bucks for a squad. Dear lord!

Then good news. Old Daemons could Deepstrike and Charge because that was summoning from other units using Deepstrike rules. New ones get plain old boring Deepstrike.
They land, you get a turn to shoot them, they then run into your pants and kill you.

And the Grey Knight thing is actually a good thing. If for example you kill that unit of Daemonettes and it comes back, then you get another chance to shoot at it anyway and then if you manage to kill them again, you get the VP's for them again too.

in theory if your playing properly (instead of last man standing) then Grey Knights can be killed to a man and still score a Massacre against the Daemons.
If for example by some fluke of luck you manage to kill every model 3 times in a 2k game your getting anything upto 6k vp's while you can only ever give up 2k.....etc
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Tue May 20, 2008 4:44 am

Don't GK's have that rule anyway!? BEFORE this stupid demon release?
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Brother Bryan » Tue May 20, 2008 12:48 pm

Dufflious wrote:You're not the messiah, you're a very naughty boy.

:lol: Are you trying to get me to say some thing that will get me banned?

Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Que Dan » Tue May 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Small tip: don't try to kill the Daemons, for YOU are the Daemons, and then you're a zombie.
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby Jim the cadian » Tue May 20, 2008 9:40 pm

*All of in King Arthur Voice* RUN AWAAY! RUN AWAAY!
*Commissar* RUN TO AWAY VICTORY MEN!
Tried going against one, as Guard, don't even try, unless you got a morale doctrine, carapace doctrine, drop troops, ogryns, and the +1 WS thingy. But still I got pwned...BADLY, where the heck is the Emperor dude? And the 22 bucks a squad? o.0 My friend's boss say that they are broken in CC, also my boss. And I just need a new camo trousers, and IG needs mobile stuff, like flying Guardsmen-Because-they-strapped-diet-coke-and-mentos-to-their-backs as a fast attack choice, seriously/
Current News from the Cadian 1337: Thought of the Day: Duct tape and prayers hold everything together
Jim the cadian
Ultra Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Wed May 21, 2008 10:59 am

Jim the cadian wrote:*All of in King Arthur Voice* RUN AWAAY! RUN AWAAY!
*Commissar* RUN TO AWAY VICTORY MEN!
Tried going against one, as Guard, don't even try, unless you got a morale doctrine, carapace doctrine, drop troops, ogryns, and the +1 WS thingy. But still I got pwned...BADLY, where the heck is the Emperor dude? And the 22 bucks a squad? o.0 My friend's boss say that they are broken in CC, also my boss. And I just need a new camo trousers, and IG needs mobile stuff, like flying Guardsmen-Because-they-strapped-diet-coke-and-mentos-to-their-backs as a fast attack choice, seriously/

Well what do you expect? They dont really carry guns. But it is an evil list.

Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby Jim the cadian » Wed May 21, 2008 7:30 pm

If only you can bring a dropship and reposition your men ALL THE WAY DOWN THE TABLE...or get some coke and mentos
Current News from the Cadian 1337: Thought of the Day: Duct tape and prayers hold everything together
Jim the cadian
Ultra Fan

Postby Supersonik » Wed May 21, 2008 9:27 pm

To be fair Guard should have a decent Chance against them.

Take plenty of AV14 and as many shots as you can get.

Chaos arent all super tough (cept nurgle) and they dont have the greatest saves (5+ majority)
Weight of fire should be enough to drop a unit a turn. Also if you can squeeze it in take an Inquisitor with 2 of the retinue that lets a nearby unit take a free shot at any enemy unit that Deepstrikes in. Id reccomend something like a 3x Heavy Bolter heavy support squad.

All you need to worry about is spacing your units out so they cant jump from mauling 1 squad straight into another.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Thu May 22, 2008 11:05 am

I dont know. I am liking the coke and metos idea

Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Next

Return to 40K Gaming