New Games workshop?!?!

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

New Games workshop?!?!

Postby sparx » Sat May 17, 2008 11:18 pm

ok, so i went over to the games workshop US website, it is completely gone, some new website is there, and it doesn't have any battle or hobby stuff, it is just full of dead links. i am hoping that the website is down, or they are switching servers or something, because if this new site doesn't go away, very bad things are going to happen...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, biological gruel
http://www.darkthrone.com/recruit.dt?ui ... 0328X30277 bet that you won't click here
sparx
Ultra Fan

Postby huzzfivvnivv » Mon May 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah they switched that up without any notice.

It was frightening and confusing, I knew that old site like the back of my Space marine codex.

HFN
huzzfivvnivv
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Mon May 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Ugh... not the back of my Codex... I have two. One is signed so preserved like there's no tomorrow, one is pealing its lamination.
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby huzzfivvnivv » Mon May 19, 2008 6:19 pm

I gotta ask, who singed it?

HFV
huzzfivvnivv
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Tue May 20, 2008 4:43 am

No freakin' clue. I just shoved it under a good many noses of people. I think I have Graham McNeil's, and the Forgeworld development team.
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby huzzfivvnivv » Tue May 20, 2008 11:56 am

That's cool, I got Phil Kelly to scribble into one of my books last year at the Vegas GT.

I figured what the heck he's setting up an army acroos the table from me might as well have him sign my book. Wished I had my new eldar book. But had to settle for the Eye of Terror.

HFN
huzzfivvnivv
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Tue May 20, 2008 3:01 pm

England Gamesday is generally better for signatures. They even have a sound-proofed BL section for QnA with authors! Although I have yet to go in there because it's so swamped!

Anyway, what was the topic again? :oops:
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Que Dan » Tue May 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Dufflious wrote:England Gamesday is generally better for signatures. They even have a sound-proofed BL section for QnA with authors! Although I have yet to go in there because it's so swamped!

Anyway, what was the topic again? :oops:

About how the GW website was horribly sodomised by Slaanesh.
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby Jim the cadian » Tue May 20, 2008 9:45 pm

EMPEROR PROTECT THE SITE!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA *Crying, not evil laugh* NOOO!!! seriously, I saw it and was like: "WTF HAPPENED!?!?" The old site was way better, had other links, now...LOOK AT THIS OBSCENE BLASPHEMY! *launches a crusade with lots of stolen Grox* VISTORY SHALL BE AWARDED TO THE RIGHTEOUS! *gets horribly mutilated by lawyers with laser-proof briefcases* I swear lawyers do have them. The site kinda died, they took out the flavor.
Current News from the Cadian 1337: Thought of the Day: Duct tape and prayers hold everything together
Jim the cadian
Ultra Fan

Postby Aelix Eisenhorn » Fri May 23, 2008 7:10 pm

I.....I......I'm horrified! I always thought that like my copy of DoW it would always be there, even if it didn't have all the up to date patches or the new expansions or have all the stuff on it that the UK site does.....

I guess the fact that my copy of DoW doesn't work now is somewhat symbolic, but maybe with the end of finals the US site will be half decent again? (the end of finals is when I can get my computer back and try to make DoW work again)
When in Deadly Danger
When beset by Doubt
Run in Little Circles
Wave your arms and Shout
--------------------------------------------------------
best.litany.ever (even if it aint official)
Aelix Eisenhorn
Ultra Fan

Location: I could be anywhere, but if I could be anywhere I wanted I would be asleep

Postby Deus Est » Fri May 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Is it just me, or are the £18 squads (20 Guardsmen, 10 marines etc) on Games-Workshop.com listed at £35??? £35???
Deus Est
Ultra Fan

Return to 40K Gaming