Land Raider "Redeemer"

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Land Raider "Redeemer"

Postby steve » Tue May 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Hey kids, I entered this in the GW vehicle design contest back in like 2001 or 2002 (pre-EPS). It was supposed to be a Land Raider for Sisters so I packed as much flame weaponry on it as I could and called it the Redeemer. It ended up painted like my then-current army the Hammers of the Empire. Seems that GW liked the idea, seeing as they are also offering a Land Raider Redeemer with the launch of 5th edition rules. Or so I've heard.

Picture:
It's harder to see than I thought, but the name plate says "REDEEMER" on it. PROOF!

Another Picture:

Enjoy it!

PS-The latest Bell of Lost Soul's blog has this rumor in it as confirmed. Land Raider Redeemer, Inferno cannon, TL Assault cannon.

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/
Last edited by steve on Tue May 20, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC86
steve
The guy who does the thing

Postby Dufflious » Tue May 20, 2008 2:55 pm

Well, my dear Steve, it's a good idea. But it doesn't fit with the Lore.

Before the Emperor, blessed by his name, was slain by the evil traitor Horus, thrice damn his soul, he decreed that only the Index Astartes could make use of the blessed Lands Raider due to the rareness at the time of the template. Since he died, the High Lords of Terra refuse to revert this. This is why the Grey Knights have 'em.

Bit of a lore warp if GW -are- doing it, and you might have grounds for legal movement! Unless you -submitted- it to GW, in which case as soon as you click that wee button, your idea is THEIRS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

So. Yeah. Hi, by the way, how's it going?
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Jim the cadian » Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 pm

Nice, I need to teach my regiment: Advanced Tank Jacking for Dummies (thats how good the conversion is, soo seemless, soo perfect, the wet dream of many a techpriest)
Current News from the Cadian 1337: Thought of the Day: Duct tape and prayers hold everything together
Jim the cadian
Ultra Fan

Postby steve » Tue May 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Yes, yes, heresy, yadda, rules, yadda. I just thought it would be cool to give the ladies a flame-belching monster tank. The Bell of Lost Souls folks are working on a Sister's Land Raider called the 'Cestus' which has FOUR twin-linked heavy flamer sponsons instead of the two that I came up with. I did not get picked for the competition. I was beaten by a Predator with a battle-cannon turret.

Linky: http://belloflostsouls.tumblr.com/post/34391450

It has no machine spirit and explodes if destroyed.
SteveC86
steve

Postby Dufflious » Wed May 21, 2008 4:56 am

Aye I was a tad concerned with that. Although, Gawd bless ya, you're very good for underselling your ideas. Twin linked Las cannons are a lot more destructive and the twin linked flamers are a) cool b) characterful and c) fun.

But then again I wish that GW would stop sinning against the Land Raider.

I can't comment my chapter straps big shooty death to tanks. TWIN LINKED, FOOL!
Dufflious
Clan Mod

I remember that...

Postby Dark_ghoul » Wed May 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Steve,
I remember the conversion contest at the Potomac Mills GW. I thought yours was going to win it, so I was surprised when the picked the Rolling Thunder FSV (the Rhino with a modified indirect fire Leman Russ turret for Deathwatch). At least you can now play with yours (You must be a undocumented psyker able to see into the future. Where is Sister Mary Napalm). I still have to wait for a codex, so for now, it sits in the display case.

Dark_ghoul

Greg
Dark_ghoul
Best Fan

Postby steve » Wed May 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Greg, you see what happens when you don't let me win?
:wink:

But seriously, congratulations are in order for winning!! Did you get anything for your trouble besides bragging rights?

Steve
SteveC86
steve

Postby Dark_ghoul » Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Steve,
Sorry about that. Next time I will bow down before your magnificence oh Emperor Barkeep. ;) ( swear I didn't know who you were at the time)

The prize was 2 vehicle kits of my choice, so I took 2 Land Raider Crusaders. In return they sent the conversion and data sheet I submitted to GW Glen Burnie for the finals (I VDRed it and had some background fluff on how it was created). I didn't win in the finals, but I did get my tank back about 2 months later. Ever since then, it's sat in my display case awaiting Ordo Xenos.

:)

Greg
Dark_ghoul
Best Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Thu May 22, 2008 11:08 am

I like it.
Alright we might be rejects but even we have more wins then the ultramarines

--Commander Jeff of the Dante's Rejects
Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Return to 40K Gaming