My 5th ed book arrived!!!!!!!

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

My 5th ed book arrived!!!!!!!

Postby gwpainter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Mine came in yesterday, any one else?
They changed rending up a bit....
Grass saves are now a 5+ cover.....
Deep strike is still gay.... Does anyone ever use deep strike?
rerolls for misses in shooting if BS is higher than a 7....ok
can not wait to try and get a 5th edtion game going on saturday.
will be fun
The defination of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
gwpainter
Ultra Fan

Postby huzzfivvnivv » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:39 am

LUCKY!!

Did you get the gamers edition?

HFN
huzzfivvnivv
Bestest Fan

Postby gwpainter » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am

no, if that was the one with all the templates and stuff. Just the rulebook.

blasts templates now scatter so at least they will land on something even if it is clear ground. (frag, plasma cannons)

in close combat, morale is cked by the difference of wounds minus the leadership. e.g. tact squad leadership 8 that took 2 more wounds than the oppenent so test for 6 or less.
The defination of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
gwpainter
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 pm

There's another edition now?

...Oh guys. That's bad news. If I'm so out of the loop I don't know when a new ruleset's coming out I guess I no longer play!

:cry:
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Knight of Fire » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Dufflious wrote:There's another edition now?

...Oh guys. That's bad news. If I'm so out of the loop I don't know when a new ruleset's coming out I guess I no longer play!

:cry:

This is HERESY... and as we all know...

HERESY BEGETS!

RETRIBUTION!

*ahem* now back to your scheduled on topic post

So then, how do the rules look? are they good? about the same? should we be keeping our old rule books?
Murphy's Combat Laws # 77- Air strikes always overshoot the target, artillery always falls short. 116. Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.
117. Your mortar barrage will put exactly one round on the intended target. That round will be a dud.
Knight of Fire
Ultra Fan

Postby huzzfivvnivv » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Doh doh doh,

I just heard from my local GW store that my preordered gamer's edition won't be in until Tuesday. They were good enough to call so I didn't drive all that way for nothing.

HFN
huzzfivvnivv
Bestest Fan

Postby Knight of Fire » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:34 pm

ok, heres some things that are interesting:

The rules have been much more clearly defined, than in 3rd or 4th.

Yes the rumors are true, a Defensive weapon on a vehicle is now 4 or less. Stationary: all weapons. Combat speed ( Up to 6") 1 normal and all Defensive, More than 6" (Cruising) none.

All foot troops now have the ability known as the "Run" Action, however, a unit will NOT be able to assault in the same round. so NO, you may not "Run" your honor guard into assault range, then assault. Units WITH the Fleet of Foot/Claw/Hoof/etc CAN assault in the same turn it runs.

Any weapon that is a "Blast" weapon, does NOT roll a "To hit" roll, instead, they place the center hole over one enemy model's base, then rolls a scatter die and 2d6. if a Hit is rolled, it stays, if an arrow is rolled, the marker moves 2D6 - BS of the model shooting (I.E., for a Space marine firing a Frag missile, if the scatter is 4 or less, it will not scatter, if it scatter 5, it will shift 1 inch). Yes, this means it's possible for a shot to scatter/ricochet to a unit behind cover/out of sight, or a friendly unit.
Note, for barrage and ordinance barrage weapons, if they fire at a unit not with in the line of sight, they do NOT subtract the scatter result from their BS, it moves the full ammount the dice show.

all barrage weapons (Normal and Barrage) count the direction of the shot now as comming from the direction of the Center of the templates hole instead of from the direction of the firing model

Line of sight has been re-done, Target Priority has been REMOVED. and Unit may be shot even if behind another unit (friend or foe), however, this confers a 4+ cover save

Vehicles firing an Ordinance weapon, may fire it if they moved 6 inches or less. Ordnance Barrage weaposn may do the same if they declare they are firing DIRECTLY at a target.

Cover has been cleared up, Forest no longer reduce range through it. instead heres how it works.
-Model is inside/on the cover providing terrain piece, (such as the base for a forrest area) : ALWAYS gets a cover save, regardless of dirrection of attack.
-Model is Behind the cover or it's base. can take the cover save IF the attack comes from a direction that will pass through the cover.
Murphy's Combat Laws # 77- Air strikes always overshoot the target, artillery always falls short. 116. Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.
117. Your mortar barrage will put exactly one round on the intended target. That round will be a dud.
Knight of Fire
Ultra Fan

Postby Ayatolla Rustolla » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Played a couple games so far, kinda clunky working thru the learning curve. but so far I like um.
Ayatolla Rustolla
Best Fan

Return to 40K Gaming