[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Land Raider conversion (Mjolnir pattern)

Land Raider conversion (Mjolnir pattern)

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Would you allow the Land RaiderMjolnir in a game

Yes
93%
No F***ing way, mate!
7%

Total votes : 28

Land Raider conversion (Mjolnir pattern)

Postby Epistolary_Zadkiel » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:15 am

I have been consdering making a custom Land Raider conversion, mounting a Predator turret with twin linked lascannons on top. Only problem is that I can't find any feasible rules/formulae for coming up with a points value. Obviously it'd lose some cargo space to make room for the capacitors, leaving it room for about 6 Marines or 3 termies (sorta like the Helios),, but it would also lose its Hull mounted Heavy bolter. So I'm thinking that maybe giving it a points cost on par with the helios would be the best way to go. Maybe 260-265 points?

I dunno, if one of you were my opponent, would you allow that to be used in play?

Thinking of calling the Land Raider Mjolnir
Epistolary_Zadkiel
Ultra Fan

Postby Bad Karma » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:40 am

if it works for you, go for it. Im not a fan of conversions like that, but if your gaming group lets you, sure, have fun with it!
Pokemon are like zombies that breed... when you think you've finally seen the last of them, they come back, more than before and just as creepy.
Bad Karma
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:31 pm

What the hell can you do with 3 termies... An extremly basic command squad? Gah...

Anyway

Freem = good. 3 twinlinked shots? Hello Mr. Armoured company. Dead'd.

I'd set it for the high 200's personally. But you might aswell just throw on some Imp. Comms and call it a command tank. Makes more sense to me!
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Epistolary_Zadkiel » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:31 pm

Yeah... looking at it with just the three twin linked cannons, it seems like an Upgraded Predator... a very *hard* upgraded predator. And actually I was thinking of making it a command tank for my non termies. I have a Crusader if I wanna give my Termies hell on treads..

Also, the MOST BASIC command squad consists of 6 models. the HQ, the Sgt, and at least 4 grunts, so its perfect for a standard marine Command Corp, but not my Full Scale War command Squad (Captain, Chaplain, Librarian, Command Squad of at least 7 members)

I dunno... I wanted to make something cool, maybe adding SOME kind of anti infantry weaponry... I have two home made twin linked heavy bolters that are currently slotted to become static defenses (in case I'm ever doing a meat grinder against Nids or Orks. They are dirt cheap, but you get what you pay for...) But was thinking of maybe doing a little bit of greenstuff work, adding two turreted heavy bolters ebove the turn signals on the land raider. Kinda give it a Baneblade-y look. Love the baneblade. Tis a sexy tank.

And I like that improved Comms idea Duffman. Maybe take this thing the way of the Damoclese and count it as a Seperate HQ choice, instead of a Heavy Support. I think i have a spare Space Marine Commander torso with pointing arm (from left over Assault Marine sprue) and a powersword. He looks very commandery.
Epistolary_Zadkiel
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:39 pm

The terminator command squad is a sarge and 3 termies.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:12 pm

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:16 pm

Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Epistolary_Zadkiel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:10 am

Epistolary_Zadkiel
Ultra Fan

Postby WraithVX » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:57 am

"It does not think
It does not feel
It does not laugh nor cry

All it does
From dusk 'til dawn
Is watch the soldiers
Die"
WraithVX
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:46 am

ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Burt Kocain » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:53 am

My Boltguns cough, it carrys you off,
in the coffin they carry you off in......
Burt Kocain
Best Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:02 pm

ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby WraithVX » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:03 pm

"It does not think
It does not feel
It does not laugh nor cry

All it does
From dusk 'til dawn
Is watch the soldiers
Die"
WraithVX
Ultra Fan

Postby Epistolary_Zadkiel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:13 pm

Epistolary_Zadkiel
Ultra Fan

Ahaaaaaaa

Postby Burt Kocain » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:20 pm

My Boltguns cough, it carrys you off,
in the coffin they carry you off in......
Burt Kocain
Best Fan

Next

Return to 40K Gaming