Land Raider conversion (Mjolnir pattern)

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Would you allow the Land RaiderMjolnir in a game

Yes
93%
No F***ing way, mate!
7%

Total votes : 28

Postby ragingpotato » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:08 pm

first of all, yes, that was the tank I was referring too, and secondly, I would love to see that thing flying through the air supported by four thunderhawks.
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby BigMike1219 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:40 pm

the draw backs here is that 1) even with the transportation removed, it will still soak up a substantial amount of points. 2) transportation is one of the reasons why landraiders are awsome. 3) its vulnerable to infantry since the lascannons only have one shot each(twin-link won't help that much). how ever the good thing about it is thatthis configureation stresses the term "Heavy Support", its a good anti-tank......tank, and it would be pretty funny seeing it crawl up a hill behind an enemy unit("How YOU Doing"). over all its not a good idea. the only way this would shine is if the mjolnir is siting behind/inside a building takeing pot-shots at other tanks. it might be able to make it into an apocalyps match.
BigMike1219
Best Fan

Postby mad944 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:16 pm

I'd allow it, because to be completely honest it seems to me that it'd be next to useless against squads of armoured targets, whether they be Terminators or somesuch or vehicle squadrons. Why not let my opponent blow all his points? :p

You don't need that many twin-linked lascannons, it's a waste of points - with that thing you'd basically sit stationary, stopping tanks going on a section of board probably.

Thing is, you'd need to put something in about shooting at different targets with different weapons. Otherwise, well, seems like a waste unless you're fighting Titans or something.
Wargaming should never be combined with your love life or a pot of honey.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby Jim the cadian » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Big Mike, your avatar is HUGE, it's messing up da forums.
Current News from the Cadian 1337: Thought of the Day: Duct tape and prayers hold everything together
Jim the cadian
Ultra Fan

Previous

Return to 40K Gaming