[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - New Guard Models

New Guard Models

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

50%
50%

Total votes : 14

New Guard Models

Postby IrishGuardsman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:26 am

Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
IrishGuardsman
Ultra Fan

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:02 am

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:31 pm

I dont know what everyone's problem with the models is, I like them, they look like pre heresy guard or something
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby NightLord48 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:33 pm

personally, i dont like them. they look weak to me. like wussy guardsmen.

but thats just me.

sorry if i offended anyone.
The Night Lords don't hate everyone, they just don't like you.

Faith can win any battle if you believe, but if the Tyranids attack, bend over and kiss you butt goodbye.
NightLord48
Bestest Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:43 pm

they sort of remind me of the Custodian Guard people, except for the hats the hats are kind of weird

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Seer of the Avatar » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:57 pm

I voted no. They're basically Cossacks in space, and I'd rather that they had released something like great coat plastics with choice of steel legion or valhallan heads and maybe some other head option too.
Imperial Guardsmen are like potato chips; after you've gotten one you're going to have a thousand more.
Seer of the Avatar
Best Fan

Postby PoptartsNinja » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:01 pm

I voted "no" because
A) They're 3x as expensive as normal guard
B) They're metal
C) Wooden flamers and meltas!
PoptartsNinja
Best Fan

Postby Dufflious » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:40 pm

Yakyakyak

Guard are guard. This is just a new Summer army. So I didn't vote.

Yakyakyak.
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby BlackJokerFox » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:13 pm

yes and no. I think the guardsmen themselves look like a wierd cross between Valhallans, Steel Legion and Krieg Death Korps, on the other hand I do like how they look to be more heavily armored than normal guardsmen, and I really like the heavy bolter with a drum magazine on it
BlackJokerFox
Best Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:11 pm

I think they are supposed to have carapace armor

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby IrishGuardsman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:46 am

I think the models are'nt actually good at all. The rules are probably iron guard, and czarists in space? What are their special rules?
IrishGuardsman
Ultra Fan

Postby BlackJokerFox » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:56 am

I don't think they have any special rules, there are specific doctrines to go with the Vostroyans, but you don't have to play them as Vostroyans
BlackJokerFox
Best Fan

Postby IrishGuardsman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 am

Oh yeah, forgot about that
IrishGuardsman
Ultra Fan

Postby BlackJokerFox » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:21 am

on a side note, the big hats the Vostroyans have would make for an awesome IG army themed as a marching band :D
BlackJokerFox
Best Fan

Postby IrishGuardsman » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:20 am

Dude, thats cruel.

"Band, prepare to- PLAY! Present instruments, PLAY! (Orks slaughter the band) Waaagh!
IrishGuardsman
Ultra Fan

Next

Return to 40K Gaming