[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Custom Army Anyone?

Custom Army Anyone?

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

85%
15%

Total votes : 20

Custom Army Anyone?

Postby Ghost Fist » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:46 am

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:41 pm

And thus, did Duffman grin.

The Emperor's Wings

10 thousand years ago, the Empire of Man was in turmoil. Brother versus brother, man versus man. On one side? Heretics. On the other? Pure faith. Dufflious was like any other Blood Angel Veteran Sergeant. Keep yer head low, move fast, and you'll come through okay. Even for a Blood Angel, Dufflious was unphathomly skilled with bladed weapons, Claws and Swords especially. Dufflious was there the day he and his Brothers entered the horrid forge of pure evil known as Horus' battle barge.

Like all of his brothers, he was distorted and stranded, the foul works of herecy had thrown the transporter signal off, he was alone in a dark chamber of sorts. His sensors showed that the room was rank with the stench of Chlorine gas, vaugly smelling of urine. He expected nothing less of deamonic scum. Jerking his shoulder, he shook loose a foul vine of purest black, and ignited his Lightning claws. The blue glow lit the room, he could make out a door, and began walking to it. From the corner of the shadows, a marine walked out, he was a Son of Horus. As a force of habit, Dufflious tilted his head and smiled, a pointless gesture, as he was helmed. But then a rush of adrenilin reminded him that he was indeed the foe. Spiked rivits poked through his armour, his face vunerable as he wore no helm. The once loyal brother charged Dufflious into the wall, the foul vine-like creatures cushioned his huge bulking form, disturbingly quick, Dufflious ducked and rolled away from the wall, flicking a surging claw through the tainted armour, peeling away the ceremite from his forsaken body, it seemed to hiss in pain. The Heretic loosened a chain-axe from his side, and swung wildly at Dufflious, it was almost too easy. The Scum-marine clearly expected his chaotic gifts to benifit him, against such a lowly corpse-god lover, Dufflious abused his enemy, his foolishness was his undoing, as the Heretic went for a wide swing, Dufflious side stepped and brought his surging blue wrath into his armpit, dragging upwards and cleaving his neck, head and arm off in a single chunk. The two slid apart, landing on the floor with a wet spludge.

Dufflious shook his head. This wasn't how it was meant to be, who would betray the maker? Who would turn arms to their Father? He set off on a jog down the halls of the tainted barge. Meeting a few friendly faces, or rather, a few friendly suits of armour. The false-god worshippers put up resistance, and held up the Blood Angels in a cargo bay. Bolter shells pinged off of bulkhead walls, auto cannon shots brought sweet revenge into the blackened hearts of the scum, and then it hit.

Dufflious fell to one knee, clutching the back of his neck, the location of his Gene-Seed glands. The pain was blinding. Suddenly he saw himself at Sanguinus' side. As the Angel fell his last fall, blood purer than anything else in the imperium trickled from his mouth. With a primal scream of rage, Dufflious leaped over the box with which he took cover behind, his brothers did similar, however in such a rage Dufflious cared not. Dragging his weight and blade through the scum, he washed over the dirt as a wave of holy water.

After a few bloody confrontations, Dufflious was on the bridge of the flying monstrosity. His eyes watered as he saw the Emperor fighting the favoured son, the clash of two Gods of war. His gaze swung low as he saw Sanguinus propped against a wall, bleeding from his chest and mouth. Running towards him, the Blood Angel held his loved Primarch in his arms, the pure blue eyes bore into Dufflious soul.
"D...Dufflious... it... sadens me you see me like this" his voice was sweet like morning dew
"Lord Primarch!" Tears stung the Sergeant's eyes
"There is something..." the primarch coughed blood onto Dufflious' chest plate "You must do for me"
"Anything, Lord"
"The coming centuries will be hard on Mankind. You must reforge the Blood Angel Gene seed.." Dufflious found his gloved hand tracing the wings on Sanguinus' back "It is with my blood you will find strength. You must... take flight on his wings" Sanguinus' fleeting glance landed on the Emperor of Mankind "Do this for me Dufflious. You are destined for great things, you will lead the Emperor's Wings!"

Dufflious almost ripped his helm off, his brown long hair drapped over his face, tears landed on the primarch, as he laid him to the floor, and watched as the titans fought on.

100 years later, when humanity was restored to what be called normal, the Emperor safe on his Golden Throne, Dufflious took his plea to Master Gulliman. It was indeed granted, as he knew that the Angels needed purification. The Angels of the Sanguinello would be a burning orange in colour, the bands of black tribute to the lost on either arm. It is with them the Sanguinello take flight. On his wings.

(Afternotes; been at college, Spelling's a bit poor. It's historically inacurate, but then again, it works for me. Hope you enjoyed reading it.)
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:31 pm

Mine is custom but I don't have any fluff for them.

Hive Fleet Destra:

It eats people.

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby NightLord48 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:50 pm

my first custom army was a chapter of Space Marines named Phoenix Guard. chaos black and fiery orange. would like to post a picture, but the paint job is horrible.
The Night Lords don't hate everyone, they just don't like you.

Faith can win any battle if you believe, but if the Tyranids attack, bend over and kiss you butt goodbye.
NightLord48
Bestest Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:30 pm

Technically, all my armies are custom. However, I dont have any fluff for any of them.
Except my orks, they are just plain old orks
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby DinGareth » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:00 pm

I have my Armored Company: The Arrowhaddoc 181st Armoured Battlegroup. Basically, a 3000 point Armoured Company with and allied 2000 point Mechanized Imperial Gaurd force. Needless to say, it only comes out in the big games when I can field the entire Battlegroup. Also, Arrowhaddoc is a tribe of Indians, who were orignally on the land near my house/school/ good portion of my county. I've found alot of their relics and such around, and though I'd sort of dedicate my army to them.
"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have tanks on ours." Colonel Jochim Pfeiff, 14th Kriegs Panzer Regiment
DinGareth
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:08 pm

Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Ghost Fist » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:00 pm

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Blink and you'll miss us
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:44 pm

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:51 am

Dude, reading that story brings tears of hysterical laughter to MY eyes. I loved it! So, those who survive 3 or more hours are actually given a lasgun, and told to point the flashy end at the enemy, then sent off planet to die. Cool! My Guard Battalion is from the planet of Vendoland. They are the Vendoland 82nd "Vipers" The reason I chose 82 is because in the IG codex there is a picture of a guardsman from the Vendoland 101, and in WW2, the 101st and 82nd were famous airborne regiments. As such, I gave my army the Drop Troops doctrine, which means that every infantry model in the army can deep strike for free. To represent that my troops are actually trained and their lives are actually woth a damn (I don't have a lot of guardsmen, only 40), I give them carapace armour and as they are ruled by a strict ladder of officers of noble families, they have iron discipline. Every man in the force is a proven veteran, and so gets WS4 from hardened fighters.
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Blink and you'll miss us
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:57 am

Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby IRBABOON » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:59 pm

IRBABOON
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:59 pm

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby DinGareth » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:40 pm

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have tanks on ours." Colonel Jochim Pfeiff, 14th Kriegs Panzer Regiment
DinGareth
Bestest Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:20 pm

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Next

Return to 40K Gaming