[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Custom Army Anyone?

Custom Army Anyone?

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

85%
15%

Total votes : 20

Postby Bad Karma » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:05 pm

*Laughs at demoncow* The typical male response. Welcome to the forums Lika. Hopefully, unlike the rest of the few... (three?) females we've had here, you dont get scared off by the rest of us guys. We can be scary. As for making it to the Golden Demon finals? Congrats. Could we see pictures? (looks for TF to be peering over shoulder at possible contender) And your army is templar styled marines with sisters... hmm. How long have you been playing? Or, if not playing, painting? Nothing else to interrogate you with... Lol. *looks at rainy sky outside* Damn north dakota weather. I wish it would just snow. *considers using snow for model bases...* lol. Thats it for now. school sucks. Peace out.
Pokemon are like zombies that breed... when you think you've finally seen the last of them, they come back, more than before and just as creepy.
Bad Karma
Ultra Fan

Postby t3h C47B0Y » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:22 pm

I concur with Bad Karma I would also like to see pictures of models Lika!!! :D
"God's in his heaven, all's right with the world."
t3h C47B0Y
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:40 pm

*Cracks knuckles*

Anyone giving Lika agro has Dufflious to deal with, I'm very protective of my friends, and yes, Lika is my friend IRL. *Rawrs* and my char's Toughness 5.

Lika's model was great, living saint I believe, with a nice dove flying outta the hand.

However, much to my shame, I had to admit that there was a nicer model than hers there, and that was the one of Sanguinus with the Changer of way's head in his hand. Lika's other stuff was also good. Nice Sister's tank, I recall.

I'd quite like to see some pics of it, I'd like to see your colour scheme especially.

What's annoying me? Metal Sisters models. PLASTIC MODELS FOR THE SPUD GOD.
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Anonymous » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:28 pm

Will get back to you with fluff my manager still has it instore for the window display. will put it in with some pics. Sorry demoncow oxford born bred and staying put.
P.S no offence but it probably dosent hurt the old pride as much if you get beaten by a sweaty over-testosteroned necron'tir as if you get beaten by a girl with a pretty army
Anonymous

Postby deamoncow » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 pm

its much better to play against pretty armies :D fee;s right... and DMAN! if only if only... and i dont mind getting my ass kicked by a girl, by sister hands be my butt on a plater al the time (no in warhammer though) :x
POKE 'EM INNA EYE!!!
go here to unleash the madness, or the fluffyness, I forget. http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Deamoncow
deamoncow
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:58 pm

Ok I made another custom army thing. sadly it is fantasy. However, Unless someone decides to make a Fantasy Gaming section I guess it doesn't matter.

ITs basically a rabble of pirates led by the notorious generic looking bblackbeard and his lieutenants (all of whom are named after henchman from scarface), they also have three cannons, the dolphin, the demon, and the pounderizer. However, as an army of militia would not fair well, I added swordsmen to represent city guardsmen and halberdiers and knights to represent the count or something. The sea count. of the sea. whatever.
I also have a second group of militia that represent the heroic Dr.Jones and his assorted lackeys. They often lead daring raids against the pirates as well as expeditions to the Temple of Vague Unpleasantness

If I ever come up with stuff for one of my 40k armies, I will let you know.
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Lika* » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:11 pm

Ok need new help from you guys GT doubles tournament coming up my sisters are to be mixed with raven wing! Cant quite work out a plausible back ground any ideas?
Lika*
Best Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:35 pm

Ok...I'd need to know the original fluff for your army, but you could say that your Sisters are drafted from the same planet that the Raven Wing are (yes, I know the DA's home planet was destroyed, but they've got to recruit from other worlds) . Thus, the males are recruited for the Marines, and the females are picked for the Sisters order.
But wait.....the Inquisition doesn't trust the Dark Angels...maybe your Sisters were sent by the Inquisition to keep a watchful eye on the DA, while fighting the xenos and heretics alongside their marine brethren. But the SoB never really trust the marines. If you've ever read the book "Faith and Fire" you'd understand. In that, one of the main characters points out that the Adeptus Astartes welcome psykers into their ranks with open arms.

Just my ideas.
Hope I've helped
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:55 pm

...No they don't. They totally don't..

Lots of chapters don't allow Psycers, they're a nessesary evil...

Most WITCH HUNTERS have pshycic ability...
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Ghost Fist » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:32 pm

Only the Inquisitors. The Adepta Soritas never have psykers, in fact, they have many rules pertaining to the use of psychic owers, that they dsapper if used on SoB.
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Hunter » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 pm

Not exactly a custom army but kind of special.

by most standerds am new to 40k only playing for about 7 monts , currantly playing Ultramarines .

resently my younger brother got in to the act with his own Theem chaos army.

Bouth of us being MS gundam fanatics , he baces his chaos troops on Zeon.

ok back to me , am currantly working on a new Deamonhunter army and am working in federal and Titan insignias in to my grayknight heredeterys . just to piss my brother off .
Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:59 pm

Watch the language and spelling. And welcome to the forums.

Yet another UM player :lol: :roll:
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby mad944 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:52 pm

Well, after the incredible failure....

Ok, incredible failure that was badly painted and in more than a few cases poorly modelled....

Ok, the badly painted, sneak-around-and-smash-people-bright-gold Space Marine Army that was the Sons of Septimius, although they annihiliated my brother time and time again, and the fact that to be honest, Burnished Gold with Chestnut Ink on top is very very difficult indeed to get right, I decided to start up a new chapter.

So far, it's won every game.

100% win record.

Lost five men total.

Annihiliated an Imperial Guard army.

And that was with 11 models.

No. of games played?

Well, one. BUT it still won :p

The models are all extensively converted, I put some up in the Your Pride and Joy thread. Black with grey pads.

The fluff... Bear in mind, this is the first incarnation. Written for the first time in this post.

Um....

During the Horus Heresy, there were many who believed that Chaos would reign supreme and the Imperium reduced to ashes. Some among the Cult fo the Machine God realised that whatever the cost, the Imperium would end as a shattered husk of what it once was, and made good their escape. Seizing what they could of the STC machines and other technology, they ran to the outer reaches of the galaxy whereupon they settled upon a planet they designated Xulon in the Corbantis system.

From there, they watched as the Imperium was shattered from the inside out, aas the Adepts of Terra took over and made the Imperium as they willed it, as it was shaken time and time again by xenos, chaos, and itself.

Realising they needed a military force, they began work on it. Among the STC machines they had managed to salvage there was something more valuable than they had even begun to imagine.

Looking through the software of a supercomputer aboard the capital ship they had escaped on, they found designs for Mk 3 Thunder Armour. They began working on these designs, and before long had managed to make armour as powerful as the power armour that the Space Marines used. It wasn't the same, but it was close enough-they lacked the geneseed. A crack team of experts began work upon the computer, looking for a reference.

Meanwhile, factories had been set up, production had begun for a Stormtrooper force capable of rivalling three regiments of the Imperial Guard, should the need arise.

It was not ready fast enough. The original denizens of the system, almost similar to the megarachnid that the 63rd Expedition had encountered during the Great Crusade, attacked before anything could really be done about the army, although they were repelled by automated turret systems already installed.

The Stormtrooper program was accelerated, and alternate methods of accruing troops were developed-cloning.

Soon enough, a third of the force was complete, with genetics from 20 different specimens, all the peak of humankind.

The next time the Lessmegarachnid attacked, they were repelled with ease.

it was then that the first in a series of breakthroughs occured. The Mechanicum found that by using Lessmegarachnid secretion in combination with certain other chemicals and certain body parts that imroved humans could be bred-that they could breed superhuman warriors, growing faster and living for an indeterminable amount of time.

As far as they could tell, they had managed to breed warriors equal to the Space Marines of the Imperium-almost human, as well, aside from certain deformities that became the butt of many jokes in the Stormtrooper regiments.

(I'll, ah, leave those deformities out. This is a family forum...)

However, they soon found that for some reason, these warriors had coal-black skin. Setting them apart from the rest of the populace, and humanity for that matter, it gave them their name-the Black Death.

So was formed the Black Death Legion.

The next breakthrough was the development of Terminator armour, or at least a form of Terminator armour-this afforded the Black Death Legion greater close combat prowess, and also allowed them to put a weapon down if necessary.

In the coming years, New Man, as the breakaways christened themselves, saw the annihiliation of the Lessmegarachnid and the downfall of the Imperium. Encountering the Tau before the Imperium, they managed to forge a good relationship with them, until the Imperium first attacked-since then, the O-Shovah faction has broken all contact with New Man and diplomatic hell has ensued with the rest of the Tau Empire. However, many times have occured recently where Fire Warriors have stood shouder to shoulder with the Stormtrooper regiments and shoulder to waist with the Black Death legion.

The breakaway faction does not harbour any hate for the Imperium, no matter how fallen the Imperium may be. They will not attack aside from in the most dire of circumstances, although they will happily defend their borders from Imperial forces.

However, they have attacked Chaos many times, if they find an army moving too close to them.

Compared to the Imperium they do not get along badly with the Eldar, although the Eldar harbour the same arrogance for them as they do the Imperium.

All negotiations with the Dark Eldar, Orks, and Tyranids have failed. As a matter of fact, they did not even get their ambassador back from the Tyranids, although an intense psychic scream was detected from the point where the ambassador was last seen several years later.

Finally, New Man has sent several scouting expeditions into the psychic darkness at the edge of the galaxy. None have, as of yet, returned.

End of fluff. Please note, this is rough and will probably be improved at some point.

For the army, I use the Spacce Marine codex, allthough changing it a little-I do not use Space Marine Terminators, instead having 0-1 squads of Grey Knight terminators (it's legal) and I use 0-1 Grey Knight Teleport Attack Squads as fast attack (also legal.)

And I also use Grandmasters. Hey, it's legal and it adds character to the army.

Here's some pictures.

Please note, these will at some point be Veteran marines, but they're the closest I have to normal ones... the colour scheme's the same, obviously.

Recognise anyone? :p

The Chapter Master in Terminator Armour (yes, now finished)

Oh, there's also a dancing Khorne Bezerker I found on Dawn of War at the end of that one :p No reason why.

Stormtrooper Legions (ok, so I have 40, shoot me)

Ignore the good looking chap in the background, I can't get rid of the mirror :p
Wargaming should never be combined with your love life or a pot of honey.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:05 pm

Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:25 am

Dufflious
Clan Mod

PreviousNext

Return to 40K Gaming