[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Fighting the hated Tau

Fighting the hated Tau

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Fighting the hated Tau

Postby Hunter » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:16 pm

Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:38 pm

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Hunter » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:38 pm

Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby cog[nitive] » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:04 am

I know nothing, I know nothing....
cog[nitive]
Stealth Moderator

Postby Dufflious » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:14 am

Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Que Dan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby cog[nitive] » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:54 pm

I know nothing, I know nothing....
cog[nitive]
Stealth Moderator

Postby Hunter » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:00 pm

Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby BlackJokerFox » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:48 pm

BlackJokerFox
Best Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:22 pm

For his entire army, yes, I believe so. Hell, I have...let me see....5 HQ choices too.
I would agree with both Duff and Cog. Marines can outshoot Tau, and have bigger guns. Look, one lascannon in every squad, that's 6 lascannons, singularly, right? Then, as Duff suggested, a Dev. Squad of Missile Launchers and another of 4 heavy bolters. Possibly a squadron of Land Speeder tornadoes, too? That''s a lot of rending, AP4 shots. I myself, were I to fight another good Tau army would use my shiny new LSs. A squadron of three, one typhoon, one tornado, and one regular, to be used as the whipping boy. Maybe have them deep strike right behind his main body of fire warriors. Yes, their armour is weak, but 9 heavy bolter shots, 4 assault cannon shots, and a S5 blast weapon can't be easily ignored, you know. Did you know that combo I just mentioned only costs 200 points? Bikes are handy for claiming objectives, and yo could add an attack bike with a multi-melta to get close to the hammerhead, and blow it to hell.
However, the one army that you can't outshoot, whether in volume of shots, or effectiveness of shot is the Imperial Guard.
Good luck on beating him, as I said before.
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby Hunter » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:37 pm

Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby Que Dan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:05 am

Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:29 pm

ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Hunter » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:41 pm

Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:40 pm

yeah i was thinkin, isn't there only a certain number of HQ slots you can have? like 2?

In other news, the tau will always triumph, we have counters to counter your counters! HAHAHAHA! :twisted:
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Next

Return to 40K Gaming