[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Fighting the hated Tau

Fighting the hated Tau

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Postby Dufflious » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby mad944 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:35 am

Right, ok then. My advice, if you can get Landspeeders and Bikes, use them. Landspeeders can deepstrike in and unleash heavy bolter/heavy bolter death from Turn 2, but they can also be popped open like ripe watermelons.

Bikes, on the other hand. Well. Turbo boost and their armour save becomes Invunerable, they move 24". Problem is they can't fight.

Turbo boost him to the back of the board, close in, and assault. I think that Tau are going to have a few problems with WS4, T5 enemies in assault. What's more, I believe the Sergeant can now get Artificer armour... and a powerfist...

So basically, bikes are your friend. If tyhings go wrong and the assault lasts a while and he moves his troops away, deeppstrike Landspeeder. Abuse the Chapter Traits rules, I'm sure you can make it sound like fluff somehow :p
Wargaming should never be combined with your love life or a pot of honey.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:09 pm

curses... :shock:

on another note, the tau CAN get outnumbered....

...NEVER, outgunned!
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby Hunter » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:40 pm

i appreciate it , i realy do but as Dufflious mention , ya got to work with what you got and currantly i cant afforde more bikes or landspeeders (i still owe mony for my gray knights).

some strategy idears ...

use drop pods behind enemy lines , use em as sheelding for my squads in order to split his forces , force him to move in order to deal with my troops

get my Kill team in to a rhino and have em use ther heavy bolters out the fiering points.

having an inquisitor(with psicannon) and frends take out the sheeld drones

ther are 3 major issues i need to deal with...
take out his hammerhead
deal with the stelthteam
remove this damd sheed drones
if i can do that dor under 700 points worth , the rest i can deal with
Hunter
Bestest Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:48 pm

The tau arent nearly as strong as you think trust me
(Note I am a blood Angel)

FOCUS FIRE ON THE HAMMER HEADS FIRST
then focus all fire on the suits
Just swoop every thing you can