[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - 40K Fluff

40K Fluff

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Postby ragingpotato » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:23 pm

And so it continues, hopefully this will be the conclusion. Afterwards, I have no plans.

Hank and Janssen sprinted out of the Kroot Fried Material, half dragging their third crewmember Duck (who had just barely managed to get all 12 ducks inside before his helmet was shoved back on). Hank leapt through the side door of the Land Raider.
Well, he tried, Sidewinder, still upset about being accused of cheating, had closed the door at the last second and he had slammed into it.
Janssen went in through the assault ramp, threw Duck onto the ground, and leapt into the driver's seat. Hank stumbled into the gunner's position and diverted power to the engine. As a result the war machine managed to go from 0 to 60mph in about 30 seconds, demolishing several lesser vehicles and a video store in the process. The Imperial Land Raider, which bore what appeared to be a sharpened stick on the side, sped up as the "Chaos" vehicle closed in.
The two tanks rocketed through a tight alley, losing lascannon sponsons and demolishing a fruit stand. They jumped a broken bridge and crushed the two dozen construction workers on the other side. To avoid further collateral damage the Imperial tank decided to leave the industrial complex and head out into a field. By now, Sidewinder had caught up with the tank and Hank popped out of the rooftop hatch. On the other tank, the bare headed crewman had also appeared.
"Pull over Imperial Thieves!"
"You pull over heretics!"
"Give us back our food! We paid good money ofr it! Well, actually, it was free because we're space marines but that's beside the point!"
"It's our food now! Spoils of War!"
"You Golden Toilet Worshipping-"
Hank's insult was cut short as both tanks entered Farmer McCormick's Home Grown Land Mine Farm. The Land Raiders continued on for another 10 yards, although no longer touching the ground, before landing, exploding again, and crashing to a stop near a water tower.
Hank had been flung into the water tower by the blast and his legs were now hanging from the sides like a pair of spigots. Janssen pulled himself from the wreckage, limped over to the dazed Imperial crew and said
"You know what, you can keep the food"
Then he fell backwards onto Duck's armor, as the 12 ducks inhabiting it had flown off after the first detonation.

"So, you take a left at the Peanut Cluster, just after Desert World XXX and you'll see a blue star. Keep heading towards it and you'll eventually get to the Cathonia System."
"Thanks, so much it's so hard to navigate with all these warp storms lately."
The Emperor's Pointy Sticks Captain walked off to rouse his men, who were in the middle of the crater, having a casual chat with the Acolytes of Fuchismo.
After the initial combat had ended with no casualties (well, except Brothers Pyrhhus and Jern, who both carried Plasma guns, which both exploded), the two sets of marines had called a truce and the EPS Captain had explained that they needed directions. After that the two chapters had got on quite well.
Big Crazy Jim waved at the Emperor's Pointy Sticks as they went over to the KFM to go retreive their Land Raider.
"Nice folks, eh Reg? You know, for Imperials."
"Aye Sir"
"Of Course, In the Desert Dragoons, we don't just let our Land Raiders wander off."
"Acolytes of Fuchismo, Sir"
"Right, right, say Reg where is our Land Raider anyway?"

THE END
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:00 pm

Well, I know I said I'd put these wioth the army index, but, I lied. So here are the pictures of characters
Hank, Janssen, and Sidewinder (Duck is inside... yes...)

From Left to Right: Brother Pyrhhus, Brother Kirkland, Captain Chumbucket, Apothecary Pepper, and Champion Wallace

Chaplain Rodriguez, Big Crazy Jim, and Regular Jim ("Reg")

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:28 pm

yaaaay! Big Crazy Jim!!!
Aaaaww...where's his super-french-fry-making-storm-bolter?
I liked that...
Nice work, though the pictures are a little unfocused.
Keep it up.
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:09 pm

Last edited by ragingpotato on Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Que Dan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:00 am

Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:27 am

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Blink and you'll miss us
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:30 pm

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:13 am

ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:36 pm

raaaaaaaaaaaeden, redshirts!!!! i love those guys. i got a idea, its a bit cheesey (you'll get that in a second) but i just started a new guard army, and i think it'd be cool if you could maybe include them in your next peice. just a bit of fluff;
a group of rebel imperial forces (not tainted by chaos, NO WAY!) were fighting an epic rebellion against the emperor's crusade. The group of rebels couldnt hold back against the thousands of space marines that were being created every second (wasnt quite sure about tha bit, correct me if you MUST) and were forced into retreating. most of the planets in the local area had been taken over by the great crusade, and those that hadent were infested by foul xenos. There was a plan to travel to another dimension, but the fleet was low on fuel, the only remaining place to go, was terra's moon. LT Rizzonos had remembered the things he had heard about this moon, information passed down from generation to generation, all soon to be re-discovered.
"Fit your respirator's men, we're going to the moon"
"Sir, could you be any more specific? there's a total of 53 moons within 100 KM of this ship"
"Terra's Moon"
"We're going to the dark side?!"
"no we're going to the moon. now get this thing moving Jones"
2 hours passed before the moon came into sight, the rebel forces were running low on food, darn ogryns and there huge apetites.

There they were, the moon, vast oceans of pale grey rock, craters as deep as the abyss and darkness drowning out all of these amazing sights.
"This is it?" exclaimed Rizzonos
"So what now sir?" said an extremely pale looking stormtrooper, who exploded 5 seconds later.
"didnt i tell everyone to fit their respirators?!"
"We only had 10 on board sir"
"well what happened to the rest of the fleet?!"
"They... all ran out of fuel sir, by now they could've drifted miles away"
"very well. Fetch me the megaphone"
"Will do"
The LT shouted into the megaphone as loud as he could, but nothing was heard.
"Is this thing broken?"
"no sir it works perfectly in the ship"
"it must be the atmosphere, how comes you can hear me now?"
"These respirators are linked to the vox caster sir, we're speaking through the radios"
"That would make sense."

"ok jones, i need you to get these remaining 8 respirators to the most elite men on board, and open the weapons store to them, i've got a hostile feeling about this place."
"Sir, Yes sir"

"here they are sir"
"give me your names soldiers"
"Euston"
"Douste"
"Lore"
"Muler"
"Allen"
"Kain"
"Rensfeild
"And Wilson, Sir"
"very well, for this mission you will be my command squad and there will be NO retreat. Though theres nothing to say we'll find anything on this rock."
*all at once* "Sir, Yes Sir!"
"and you can stop calling me Sir, you can call me Mike"
"Sir, Yes...." Lore stops half way through the sentece and hopes he doesent get shot.
"dont worry soldier, im no commisar, i forgive small mistakes. but show any signs of herasy and i'll blow your ****ing head off"

To be continued, if wanted.
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby Ghost Fist » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:13 pm

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Blink and you'll miss us
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:35 pm

sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby ragingpotato » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:08 pm

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:18 pm

sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby ragingpotato » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:01 pm

"Red Shirts attack!" The sergeant shouted shortly before being gunned down by his own horribly inaccurate men. Shortly after finding the rebels/ heretics/inquisition taskforce, a large worm had attacked and drastically mucked up priorities. Two squads of Red Shirts charged the beast and were killed within seconds.
"Quick Men," Someone shouted, "Use your guns!"
Somewhere, a plasma gun was fired. Which was odd, as Red shirts are not equipped with heavy weapons.
The Volley of lasgun shots did little to stop the worm's rampage.
"OUR WEAPONS ARE USELESS! RELIANCE UPON THEM IS DEATH!"
At this the majority of the Red SHirts retreated.

Meanwhile aboard troopship Rogue Sandwich, the Lord General of Raed sat in his quarters. Some say Mykal Romanov was insane, others called him diabolical, these people were usually relieved of important organs. At his side, as always, was his faithful assistant Chet Rogers.
"Chet! Why did we stop moving! I thought we were going to Holy Terra!"
"Well sir, the captain of the Atomic Llama has found something of interest on Terra's only moon."
"What is it? some sort of moon cannon?"
"Uh, no sir."
"Chet, remind me to start production on a moon cannn when we get back to Raed."
"I'm on it sir. But getting back to the moon..."
"FIRE THE MOON! Man it's gonna be awesome to have a moon canno. I should've thought of this before."
"ANYWAY, we sent down some troops and they encountered light resistnce, apparently from imperial soldiers. Also, there was a giant worm that ate several of them."
"Giant worm eh? Send down a division of the emperor's finest and tell them to kill everything they find."
"Emperor's finest"
"You know what I mean."
"What about the subhumans sir?"
"The subwhat-now?"
"There is a race of subhumans on the moon sir, adapted to the low gravity."
"Really now? Well let's turn them into subcorpses."
"Right away Lord General."

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:17 pm

with the 93rd shot of the plasma gun, the worm went down, and then allen realised he had lost a finger. Eusten, who already had a mechanical arm due to a bar brawl said
"hah! how does it feel!?"
"pretty good, its numb anyway. just worried a bit about the blood."
"here lemme patch that up for ya" said rensfeild, who was the medic by the way. rensfeild pulled out a roll of sceletape and wrapped some around allens hand.
"there, good as new!" he said.
"right men, now back to killing those red shirted.... scum" said Lietenant.
"where'd they go? asked lore.
all that was left of the hundreds of raedens was around 14 soldiers.
"hmmmm, mustve been conscripts." exclaimed eusten.
the command squad neared the raedens slowly, showing a sign of peace. it was a delicious looking slice of lemon drizzle cake.
"we mean no harm here. we only came because we were shot silly by a bunch of maga armoured.... scum" said rizzonos
lore steadily pulled up his lasgun, along with eusten and rensfield. allen was too busy scratching.
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

PreviousNext

Return to 40K Gaming