[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - New Man APU Inquisitor Thing (WIP)

New Man APU Inquisitor Thing (WIP)

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

New Man APU Inquisitor Thing (WIP)

Postby mad944 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Ok, well, already spoke about the New Man army I'm collecting (represented by Daemonhunters and all) and I've already shown some models.

Well, here's the APU thing I'm building from an Imperial Guard Sentinel, a sprue of Assault Terminator arms, two Heavy Weapon Weapon sprues, one Catachan Heavy Weapon Team Team sprue, one normal Catachan sprue aaaaand a Cadian sprue.

As said in the title, nothing like finished now. Mostly stuck together.

I'm painting the torso and the legs seperately, mind...

Pictures are here. Note: Not very good pictures, couldn't find digital camera so I used my webcam... and ignore the parts of me you can see (no sick jokes if you don't mind :p)

Note: Please refrain from looking at photos if under the legal age for viewing alcovian chairs.

(ie, about three :p)

I'll update pretty soon. I reckon it's turning out quite well.

Basically, think the APUs from The Matrix Revolutions. Throw in a Nintendo Wii and a broken IG Sentinel on the base, and that's basically it.
Wargaming should never be combined with your love life or a pot of honey.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:06 pm

Its hard to make out the torso pics, try to find that digital camera
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:20 pm

I have found it :)

And turns out the sharpness that's massacred so many of the other pictures I took was basically perfect for this stuff... expect more pics of my models.

Ok, without further ado, here's some pics from all around.

Note: It's not glued, the legs and torso, they balance well enough.

For now.

Oh, one's a bit blurry, but it's basically a shot of looking down the barrel of one of the arms.

In game terms, he'll count as an Inquisitor (possibly Lord) with a mastercrafted psycannon and an undecided form of armour (thinking artificer) and will be followed round by three killy-gun-warrior-dudes and a Sage (think S6, AP4 death, three shots, hitting on 2s and ignoring Invunerable saves from this guy alone, then maybe three heavy bolters hitting on 3s, possibly a couple of stormbolters on 4s in there as well-depends how sadistic I feel.)

Might also use him as a Sentinel at one point :p

And yes, yes those are autocannons on Terminator arms. And yes, I clipped the Sentinel legs down and left most of the cockpit off.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:00 pm

Very very very VERY nice...can't wait to see it painted up.

Mind you...its given me an idea for my Inquisitor in Terminator armour. Can you give me the type of bits that you used for the APU base? I think mine would be more close combat monster thing though....(think Cyber City Oedo 808 Episode 2)

<edit> Never mind...just read the first post again!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Postby Tyranid Fodder » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:16 pm

That's very cool.

I think the guns should be bulked up more and have lots wires hanging down.

Other than that it looks great.

Tyranid Fodder
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:12 pm

Much better pics.
It loks awesome! Cant wait til its painted.

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Well thank you very much! Just ordered the supplies to make my super Inquisitor and it cost me...£57! Mind you it will look sweet once I've made it up. I'm going for the cockpit enclosed and a close combat weapon (Daemonhammer baby!) and I'll count it as Terminator armour. Hopefully have it done by next thurdsday so I'll try to have pics up!
Anonymous

Postby mad944 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:06 am

Painting has now begun, although due to an unfortunate power cut I have it undercoated and then half the basecoat applied.

And thanks everyone, I fully intend on posting pics when it's done :p
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:03 am

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:58 pm

mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:59 pm

What I want to know is how will you deal with casultiy removal if you only have one model to represent 5 minatures.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:57 pm

I suggest removable limbs.
Or, you know, little markers or something.
I'd do removable limbs though

Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:46 am

mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:32 pm

ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Ghost Fist » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:52 pm

You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists