[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - New Man APU Inquisitor Thing (WIP)

New Man APU Inquisitor Thing (WIP)

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Postby mad944 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:39 am

Wargaming should never be combined with your love life or a pot of honey.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:26 am

Right. After a very long time, a lot of coursework, and a load of time spent with the girlfriend, I have finally got round to painting this thing.

Unfortuantely, I went a bit mad on the pictures, couldn't decide which ones to upload, Ipulon took too long (really, it did) and I gave up on it, so here's a link to the page I made on my Geocity about it:

Note: At the moment (until I can be bothered improving it) the page consists of pictures and nothing else.

I know it still needs a bit of touching up, but at the moment it's looking OK, I think.

It's not really gold/brass by the way-that was just the light. Honest. And that only shows in a few pics...

The best ones are at the bottom :p
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:14 am

I like. I like alot.

"I knew we should have trianed them by letting them use -real- APU's instead of letting them play Mech Warrior.."

Crazy Lighting, i'm guessing you were going for a sillouette kinda thing?

Still, Duff's stamp of aproval. That, is cool.

*hands purity seal*

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby mad944 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:20 am

Yay, thankies.

And the lighting... well.

The red was caused by a fibreoptic lamp. I was trying to make it look like a fire in the background, y'see, and it didn't quite work...

The rest was caused by the sun (because of the bedroom positioning, I get the pure joy of light through my window all the time. And thin curtains. And a mirror-cupboard on the opposite wall that enough light reflects off to stop me sleeping But moving on..) and also the lamp I used later to illuminate it from the top down.

Illuminate as in light, not illuminate as in blow into small, tiny pieces.

Evidently, the desk lamp worked best...
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby Brother Bryan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:18 pm

...Cant realy see it well
Alright we might be rejects but even we have more wins then the ultramarines

--Commander Jeff of the Dante's Rejects
Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Try scrolling down to where it's more than just a silhouette, but my camera can't do much better... it needs a good light source. Very good one.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby ragingpotato » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:25 am

Nice pictures, it looks great now that it has been painted.
However, since when did illuminate mean "blow into small, tiny pieces"
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

Accuracy is directly proportional to enemy numbers

Fuchismo, god of potatoes!
Spuds for the spud god!
ragingpotato
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:12 am

Thanks.

And since the Horus Heresy books. 'Specially the first and second.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Ummmmm

Postby Brother Bryan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:29 pm

Alright we might be rejects but even we have more wins then the ultramarines

--Commander Jeff of the Dante's Rejects
Brother Bryan
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:34 pm

Thanks, but are you sure? I can see most of them ok... and I don't trust fire ANYWHERE near my minis, not after the washing machine caught fire (long story.)

If you've got Microsoft Office, try opening them in Picture Manager, go to Edit, and change the brightness maybe?

Alternatively, here's direct links to the best ones.

Yes, I made my mind up which ones I like... go me.

You should be able to see them ok...
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby ubercaboose » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 pm

pardon me sir! but thats friggen aswome!
“Speak softly and carry a big stick - you will go far.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I cant spell, I know................
ubercaboose
Ultra Fan

Previous

Return to 40K Gaming