[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
TSOALR - The Forum » View topic - Guards in space

Guards in space

Moderators: Selezen, cog[nitive]

Guards in space

Postby IrishGuardsman » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:32 pm

Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
IrishGuardsman
Ultra Fan

Postby cog[nitive] » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:35 pm

I know nothing, I know nothing....
cog[nitive]
Stealth Moderator

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:08 pm

sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby sparx » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:09 pm

if you want to know, read the commisar cain series, from what i can tell, gambling and fighting, not a very realistic series but by far the best 40k books i have ever read. ever. now look into my hypno eyes :shock: you will read these books
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, biological gruel
http://www.darkthrone.com/recruit.dt?ui ... 0328X30277 bet that you won't click here
sparx
Ultra Fan

Postby Dufflious » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:08 am

*Bolter Drill @ Sparx*

No I won't.

*blows smoke off bolter*

*Ahem* Yes. So, yeah, the Horus Heresy also offers a good insight into the life of guardsmen when in flight. Some pass the times as any of us would given the chance..

I'll just say Giggidy Giggidy goo, and those who are mature enough will understand

-SERIOUSLY!- Read 'em! It's in there!
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby Ghost Fist » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 pm

Indeed.

In the book Fifteen Hours, for a 15 week warp voyage, they just drilled and trained endlessly. Some of it was using invisible guns to assault invisible buildings with invisible grenades.

I think their sergeant had lost his mind....
You may not see us
But we'll be there
You may not feel us
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Ghost Fist
Ultra Fan

Postby IrishGuardsman » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:08 pm

I've heard that can happen in the warp
Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
IrishGuardsman
Ultra Fan

Postby BlackJokerFox » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:50 pm

BlackJokerFox
Best Fan

Postby Aelix Eisenhorn » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:02 pm

you guys are fogetting the main thing! I cant belive you! If i was your commisar/sergant i would make you and your fire team do 5 hours of extra drills and get no dinner! :evil:

jeez..... cant believe you forgot that.....oh well I'm sure you remember now! :)

15 Hours was a great book, so is the Ciaphias Cain series. Ive read them, and I am currently reading the Horus Heresy (still on Book 1). Great books all of them. Sandy Mitchell & Dan Abnett FTW!!!!!!!
When in Deadly Danger
When beset by Doubt
Run in Little Circles
Wave your arms and Shout
--------------------------------------------------------
best.litany.ever (even if it aint official)
Aelix Eisenhorn
Ultra Fan

Location: I could be anywhere, but if I could be anywhere I wanted I would be asleep

Return to 40K Gaming