The Imperial Tau

Post pics of your army to be abused...I mean USED in upcoming strips

Moderator: Selezen

Postby Dufflious » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:15 am

*mutter* If it wasn't in game terms then it would be regarding the game..
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby sticky_like_cheese » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:45 pm

HAHA! you shouldall be jealous of games-workshop milton keynes! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAA! :twisted: its a bit on the small side though....
sticky_like_cheese
Eagle-eyed comic reader

Postby Teroniss » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:50 pm

Dufflious wrote:These people CANNOT have worshipped the Emperor for 10000 years, or more, and decided "Y'know what? Tau are cool. let's be them"

You got it backwards Duff. In the story the Tau say that the Space Marines are cool and want to follow their beliefs, not the other way around.
Teroniss
Bestest Fan

Postby Anonymous » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:47 pm

In the wider perspective, there are a lot of things a number of Imperial institutions don't agree with and would gladly bring a flamer to.

The story might be flawed but in the end, I don't see why it couldn't happen. Stranger things have in fact happened in official fluff (like eldar and Imperium teaming up all the time.. or necrons and imperium teaming up against chaos) and so i have no problems with accepting this as well.

And if one space marine chapter or Imperial guard commander doesn't agree with it, well he can go to war against them. That seems the fairest solution to me.........
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:52 pm

There is a small group of Tau (Under commander Farsight) that often work as mecenaries to my understanding.

I do get the feeling that Duff is correct about the Imperial Space Marines being Xenophobic. At least I come to the same conclusion after reading fluff about the different SM chapters.
Anonymous

Postby Aelix Eisenhorn » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:39 pm

PICTURES!!!!!11!!

with the advent of, well, Advent i got a new digital camera. So I have taken pictues of my now dusty Tau models.

there's still a catch. I havent figured out how to do pics of close up models, it always gets fuzzy so most of them are far off or very blurred. Sorry.

Total overview

fuzzy!!

Vehicle

Fuzzyness

SM

I actually got a friend to paint the last one, that's why its good.

So if anyone who has taken non-fuzzy pics of their army, please tell me how.
When in Deadly Danger
When beset by Doubt
Run in Little Circles
Wave your arms and Shout
--------------------------------------------------------
best.litany.ever (even if it aint official)
Aelix Eisenhorn
Ultra Fan

Location: I could be anywhere, but if I could be anywhere I wanted I would be asleep

Postby IRBABOON » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:53 pm

let me know too, its a major problem i face
IRBABOON
Ultra Fan

Postby mad944 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Use the macro thing on the camera - should help. Also check the lighting; ideally it will be to one side of the camera or above.

As far as the story goes - it's all well and good, but I can't really see Marines actually allying with any xenos. At all. Ever. Temporarily, maybe, but not end of.

Plus, you wouldn't be able to use this in actual gameplay (legally) without fielding two seperate armies...
Wargaming should never be combined with your love life or a pot of honey.
mad944
Ultra Fan

Postby xenosastartes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:49 am

I never really liked the xenophobic part of the game and I always used to want to have more mixed armies. Eh, racially that is. I used to do that when I was more into the game. I even have my own fluff for a parallel universe where things turn out better. Is it just me though, or is the whole "never associate with Xenos filth" thing getting tiring? I think that GW made it like that so it could be a sort of caricature of xenophobia from human history, but I've been looking at the attitudes fans pick up, and... well, it's got me worried that's for sure. It doesn't really matter to me since haven't played in ages though.
xenosastartes
Best Fan

Postby IRBABOON » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:05 am

I guess in a way that's what has been "bred" into peoples minds, so there has to be a conflict and there has to be a minority? Maybe?
IRBABOON
Ultra Fan

Postby xenosastartes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:42 am

I am that minority, I guess. A little fed up with the grimness of the game, I preferred to reinvent it in my own image in hopes of better liking it. I suppose different people have different reactions to so-called "heresy" but I'd be ashamed if I succumbed to the rules or ordinary 40k.

As such, in my world the Tau became allies. Two great empires on opposite ends of the galaxy were faced with paving a path through the middle. The forces of Chaos are strangely upset that the Imperium has done such a thing, as if Hating the Alien were not quite the Emperor's Will as they once thought it were...

That's my idea. Perhaps thisbudding young player should consider a parallel future for his army instead, like I did.
xenosastartes
Best Fan

Postby Aelix Eisenhorn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:09 pm

It's not their fault they are extremely xenophobic.

You gotta remember that the Tau are the only xenos in thousands of years to not want to completely destroy everything.

'Nids, orks, eldar, necron, all out for complete destruction.

So to survive humanity must kill first so they aren't killed. It's hard to go to peace/alliance when you've been through thousands of years of war for your species survival.
When in Deadly Danger
When beset by Doubt
Run in Little Circles
Wave your arms and Shout
--------------------------------------------------------
best.litany.ever (even if it aint official)
Aelix Eisenhorn
Ultra Fan

Location: I could be anywhere, but if I could be anywhere I wanted I would be asleep

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Well now, the Eldar arn't trying to destroy humanity, they're just trying to keep humanity off their lawn.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby xenosastartes » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:54 am

@Aelix-Eisenhorn: It's not quite as innocent as that. They believe it is heretical to co-operate with any aliens and believe that all they can do is harm. They wipe intelligent or potentially intelligent life off any planet they want to settle on, and refuse to see even the Tau and Eldar as threats to humanity's survival. They believe that betrayal is inevitable, but this is probably a self-fulfilling prophecy. There is no real excuse for them to be so xenophobic of the Tau, and indeed both empires may even possibly be wiped out if they do not act together. If the Emperor were able to have a say, who knows?
xenosastartes
Best Fan

Postby IRBABOON » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:05 am

In a society that is so diverse (in game and out) you are bound to have many differing opinions and ways these opinions are shown.

Like I am an atheist, yet, as I am in a Christian society I in a way am forced to become a Christian thinking. Ie, holidays, Easter, Christmas etc.

What this actually has to do with what we talking about, I have no real idea, its late here, but I think what I saying is, it is very situated to where you are, I'm sure the Tau think differently from humanity, but if they had had the turbulence history of humanity (in game) whose to say they wouldnt be acting the same? Experiences and view points matter
IRBABOON
Ultra Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Army Index