Potential Colour schemes

Post pics of your army to be abused...I mean USED in upcoming strips

Moderator: Selezen

Potential Colour schemes

Postby Supersonik » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:20 pm

Ok im looking at 2 Potential Colour schemes for upcoming armies.
1 (the brown) is for my Nurgle and is Tau Sept Ocher with an Flesh Wash and Desert Yellow dry brushed over to make it look less shiny and more flaky. I just thought it would be nice to see something other than rotting green on a Plague marine.

The White/Orange one is for my Fast Attack List (Speeders, Bikes and Assault Marines). Was just wondering if anyone knows a good way of getting a solid White without colours coming through (ive tried Bleached bone and Space Wolf Grey so far and also any tips on the Orange as that isnt the easiest colour to use either.
Also with that Second model. I dunno if its just me but its missing something. I know theres no details yet but besides those it seems to need something a little more Somewhere but i dont know what. Maybe 'a Good Paintjob' lol

Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Que Dan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:22 pm

Please remove that picture for your own safety... Duff has called dibs on the orange Marines.

Anyway, I prefer that first one over the white-ish guy...
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby Supersonik » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:27 pm

The first guy is for my Nurgle Marines.
The second is my Fast attack list and i prefer to think of it as white with Orange trim, its just on the assault marines theres a lot of trim ;
Its an homage to my home town sports team who wear orange/Amber black and white so i get dispensation.
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Veritas » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:35 pm

The first color scheme just shouts "DECAY," as any good nurgle color scheme should. Well done.
Veritas
Ultra Fan

Postby Supersonik » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:36 pm

heres an Update. Decided to cheat and start from a White basecoat. Still needs some detail work and neatening up but i realised since i basecoat everything black i never actually got round to buying black paint lol.

And i know theyre messy. Unfortunately those assault marines are getting a bit Smik-ified (and if u dont know what i mean get off this site lol)
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby ArchDuke of Macragge » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:50 pm

Use Astronomicon Gray as your undercoat for pure white, or Dehneb (sp?) stone.
ArchDuke of Macragge
Ultra Fan

Postby Supersonik » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:53 pm

tried it. Still comes out grotty.

I dont mind doing it this way and the Orange looks pretty solid its just untill i get black i cant add much detailing. (Joints/weapons etc)
Supersonik
Bestest Fan

Postby Dufflious » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:03 am

First of all, it looks like you're using the White base coat as your white. Don't, it looks blotchy when you leave it alone. Go from Codex grey, to Space wolf grey, then a mix of bleached bone and skull white, with skull white highlights.

As for your orange, each to their own. Mine is a mix of Burning and Vomit brown. I'd just water down your paints a bit more as they look blotchy.

and damn right did I call dibs on orange >.>

-D
Dufflious
Clan Mod

Postby gwpainter » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:16 pm

I agree with Duff, Once it is primed white and dried, need to add more skull white to mini. When painting with skull white with a brush, it will need layers. Layers of thinned down skull white, then add the colors Duff mentioned.
Skull white is really really chalky.
The defination of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
gwpainter
Ultra Fan

Postby Que Dan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:05 pm

I hereby call dibs on the organe Tyranids!
Que Dan
Ultra Fan

Postby Veritas » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:25 pm

Hmmm. Ok, you can have all the "organe" tyranids you want. As for me, I think i'll run off an paint up an army of "ORANGE" tryanids out of pure spite.
Veritas
Ultra Fan

Return to Army Index